Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 April 2022 - 02:38 AM

Hello. I need help finding sources to push for a exclusive restroom cleaning person. We are RTE high risk facility hr keeps saying more than 1 person should clean the restroom instead of 1. Can someone help find sources to prevent cross contamination? We do not have uniforms and it is not unknown to find urine or poop ok the floors. No one cares about this the solution was to increase sanitation.

Please help as it is a food safety risk imo but I'm finding it difficult to find sources per sqf or fda.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 18 April 2022 - 08:11 AM

Hello. I need help finding sources to push for a exclusive restroom cleaning person. We are RTE high risk facility hr keeps saying more than 1 person should clean the restroom instead of 1. Can someone help find sources to prevent cross contamination? We do not have uniforms and it is not unknown to find urine or poop ok the floors. No one cares about this the solution was to increase sanitation.

Please help as it is a food safety risk imo but I'm finding it difficult to find sources per sqf or fda.

Hi fsp,

Re ^^^(red) - Why ? They don't trust the (I presume) solo current cleaner ?

Why no uniforms ?

Are you responsible for Sanitation ?  If so, who do you report to ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,632 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 18 April 2022 - 01:10 PM

Sounds more like...

Increase training on people's hygiene.

Get uniforms with trackers.

Increase awareness of keeping bathrooms clean by increasing number of people cleaning.

And ifyour employees [typo ???]

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

PQAManager

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 110 posts
  • 27 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 April 2022 - 09:03 PM

Would employees not clean before they go home (as in they don't go back into production)?  We have in the past shut down 2 hours before time to go home to clean bathrooms and offices on Friday.  Employees did not go back into production.  Thankfully now they allow a cleaning lady to come in every other week.  Employees still do some cleaning on other Fridays.  Maybe you can go the cost route.  Paying an employee to be off production to clean would not be as cost effective as hiring a cleaning staff.  You usually can get an individual for a reasonable price.  We pay $125 every other week.  We are a small facility though and only have 30 employees.  Not sure this helps, but you could do a risk assessment and show it to HR.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users