What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

RSPO Mass balance clarification

Started by , Jan 19 2024 04:11 PM
2 Replies

Hi all, I am hoping to get some clarification about the RSPO Mass balance standard since this is my first time dealing with this. From reading the standard, I understand that I need to comply with the supply chain and mass balance sections.

When reading the mass balance requirements, it seems that it is all administrative, no floor work. We have one customer and one product that requires us to have RSPO. I understand that if that one product takes X amount palm oil product to produce, I have to make sure we buy the X amount of palm oil, that's it.

Feedback I got from the site (this is their second year with RSPO, they barely passed last year's audit) is that it doesn't matter where the RSPO palm oil products are used or in what product they end up in, as long as what that 1 product needs to be produced matched what was bought. So if the entire production needs 5,000 pounds of RSPO ingredient, I have to make sure we bought and received 5,000lbs of that certified ingredient from the approved supplier. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Generic RSPO letter given to vendors and customers RSPO Annual Audit Help RSPO certification Meaning of the term RSPO? RSPO Certification Use - Palm Oil
[Ad]

Yes for Mass Balance module ONLY

Hi, 

for the mass balance yes, but it is worth to monitor where the raw material was used as you will need this for forward traceability (every 6 months if you are BRC issue 9  (5.4.5) certified due to assurance claims) 

;)

Similar Discussion Topics
Generic RSPO letter given to vendors and customers RSPO Annual Audit Help RSPO certification Meaning of the term RSPO? RSPO Certification Use - Palm Oil Does anyone know how to set up RSPO Supply Chain Certification? RSPO mass balance calculation RSPO mass balance How to get RSPO Certification Audit? Round Table Palm Oil (RSPO) Audit