What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Suitable Flashlights for Inspections by the Production Team

Started by , Feb 21 2024 08:28 PM
5 Replies

Happy Wednesday everyone,

Im trying to do some research on what type of flashlight to provide to the production team for inspections prior to release of the equipment/room. Currently they have a couple handheld flood lights, that are bulky and look like giant radar guns. I dont want to purchase any flashlights that are too small, but the current option is quite large and difficult to use. In addition, im curious what type of light everyone prefers when doing inspection. Ideally, i'd like to identify any discoloration or powder residue left on smooth Stainless Steel surfaces. For example, during a room inspection we touched surfaces with gloves, and didnt get any residue on the gloves. Then when I came in to do some swabbing, I wiped down the table inside the (cleaned and released) room I had swabbed, and the sanitizer towel came up heavily stained (we use lots of plant materials, spices, most likely tumeric or something of that sort). Would there be a type of light that could identify that residue on the surface, is any specific light recommended? Thanks for the help!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is PVC walls with colorful printout on them suitable for raw materials storage? Type of migration test suitable to test on repeat used of HDPE Plastic for steaming Selection of suitable lubricating oil for equipment Suitable Packing Material for Toasted Coconut Chips Glass Protection - Suitable Coatings for glass windows
[Ad]

I personally like this brand and have used them for years.  Very durable and they put out a lot of light.  

https://www.streamli...eld-flashlights

1 Like

Happy Wednesday everyone,

Im trying to do some research on what type of flashlight to provide to the production team for inspections prior to release of the equipment/room. Currently they have a couple handheld flood lights, that are bulky and look like giant radar guns. I dont want to purchase any flashlights that are too small, but the current option is quite large and difficult to use. In addition, im curious what type of light everyone prefers when doing inspection. Ideally, i'd like to identify any discoloration or powder residue left on smooth Stainless Steel surfaces. For example, during a room inspection we touched surfaces with gloves, and didnt get any residue on the gloves. Then when I came in to do some swabbing, I wiped down the table inside the (cleaned and released) room I had swabbed, and the sanitizer towel came up heavily stained (we use lots of plant materials, spices, most likely tumeric or something of that sort). Would there be a type of light that could identify that residue on the surface, is any specific light recommended? Thanks for the help!

Flashlights only go so far. Touching surfaces with hands is required too. As for flashlights - you need to look at lumen. I would say at around1000 lumen. Easier to see particles and condensation too - reflect better. My QC's like smaller flashlights - I won't purchase anything less than 1000 lumen. 

Me personally, I use a XHP70.2 flashlight (my own and not company owned). It's rechargeable and lets you know how much battery power is left. It is a little bulky but can fit in a pocket. 

1 Like

Nightcore 9800 lumen - I've used these for inspections.  It will get it lit up!!!

Nitecore TM9K TAC Tactical Flashlight, 9800 Lumen USB-C Rechargeable High Lumen Super Bright https://a.co/d/9LxhtDK

Thank you everyone, has anyone used UV flashlights to do inspections? We use ALOT of plant powders here and Im hoping the chlorophyll will fluoresce with a high energy UV flashlight. I got a cheap one to try out today. 

Thank you everyone, has anyone used UV flashlights to do inspections? We use ALOT of plant powders here and Im hoping the chlorophyll will fluoresce with a high energy UV flashlight. I got a cheap one to try out today. 

I'd echo a lot of the above comments about the newer LED lights that are out on the market.  You can get super bright LED flashlights with USB charging for a pretty decent price these days.  The amount of light you used to need some big handheld to get can be found in little pocket penlights these days.

Some of them even come with dual elements for standard and UV light, so if your test with the UV shows a benefit, I'd look at some of those as an option.

Similar Discussion Topics
Is PVC walls with colorful printout on them suitable for raw materials storage? Type of migration test suitable to test on repeat used of HDPE Plastic for steaming Selection of suitable lubricating oil for equipment Suitable Packing Material for Toasted Coconut Chips Glass Protection - Suitable Coatings for glass windows Technical considerations to determine whether a product was suitable for dual supply? Food contact suitable compressed air filters If raw materials are suitable for food packaging is migration testing necessary? What kind of micro spec would be suitable for powdered superfoods? Suitable controls that would allow picking up finished products off the floor