What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

HACCP and SQF Certification

Started by , Mar 24 2024 02:06 AM
6 Replies

I feel a lot jobs are closed to me because I don't have a HAACP certification and I'm not an SQF practitioner.  

I have had yearly HAACP training as a function of my job, but they don't give out a document.  Is this a HAACP certification for the sake of an interview ? It's about an hour long talk twice yearly.

How would one go about getting this certification and if I get a certification for one industry does it carry over to other industries; a lot of programs seem industry specific and I basically just know that I want to work in 'food'.

As for SQF programs, do many people just go self paced.  My workplace is not going to go SQF any time soon.  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Compressor for HACCP Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company HACCP plan for cold smoked trout HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Meeting checklist
[Ad]

no, they are probably asking for a formal accredited training.  You can take the haccp course online or in person.   It is generic so it covers an food manufacturing process.  aib, neha, have inexpensive course that are done on line.

I do believe most of the sqf courses are online at your own pace now.   

You should also look into the PQCI human food couse.

2 Likes1 Thank

I highly recommend the courses through IFSQN.

My whole team here has gone throught his HACCP course. Tony will email you a signed certificate that you can take anywhere.

I would also recommend the SQF packages throught IFSQN. If you want to invest in yourself buy the course, get the certificates and keep the training documents for yourself. 

For SQF you don't HAVE to take a class.  The facility is SQF certified, not the person.  Showing understanding of the code is what is required.  You can download the code for free from SQFI and study it as you like, the tip sheets and guidance documents are also free on SFQI and were very helpful to me as well as searching on this site, which has been a godsend. 

There are tests you can take once you feel you have a full understanding of it (much cheaper than the classes), but none of it is required to be an SQF Practitioner.  It's a cheaper option if your company is not paying for it and you want to add understanding of the SQF code(s) to your resume.

Amy 

A question - why hasn't your current company paid for your formal HACCP training? Is this something you could ask for? 

The certificates - they do count and carry over to other food industries. 

A question - why hasn't your current company paid for your formal HACCP training? Is this something you could ask for? 

The certificates - they do count and carry over to other food industries. 

My company does do training, but what they do is find one person, generally a high up super, to be 'the trainee'.  We then all sit in a room and get the online training with 'the trainee'.  Afterwards, we get an internal certificate and the trainee gets an actual certificate.  This sounds terrible, but it's not just us that do this.  I was in training with a few other companies at one point and we seemed to be the only ones with a room full of people, but other people were doubling up and such.  

So I've managed to pick up a HACCP cert.  

How did you guys and girls manage to pick up SQF enough to pass an interview ? 

Do I really have to leave my company and find an SQF place or have some of you guys managed to pick it up ?

Similar Discussion Topics
Compressor for HACCP Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company HACCP plan for cold smoked trout HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Meeting checklist HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart?