[Ad]

Analytical Uncertainty

Started by , Nov 29 2004 02:56 PM
11 Replies
Hi folks,

let's start a new poll on analytical uncertainty
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Frequency of External Calibration of Analytical Balance and Incubator Determining requirement to conduct analytical tests on a lot basis? How to determine analytical frequencey Is it okay to do external calibration every two years for incubator & analytical balance? Calibration certificate for analytical instrumentation
[Ad]

Hi folks,

let's start a new poll on analytical uncertainty

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wouldn't a DOE (Design of experiment) do the job?
Wallace.

Maybe, if I knew what DOE really means

Can you help me once more, Wallace ?

Maybe, if I knew what DOE really means

Can you help me once more, Wallace ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No problem Franco,
At the most basic level, a DOE (Designed experiment) allows you to statistically analyze the possibilities regarding good/bad, right/wrong, acceptable/not, etc.
Rather than looking at the whole process, you can in fact take a sample and predict with very good certainty, the probability of success or failure of a studied process, service or manufactured item.
Hope this helps. A DOE can and does become rather complex at times and, I would be doing you a great diservice if I was to be long winded regarding DOE.
Wallace.
Send me a PM at mw.tait@sympatico.ca and, I'll send you a great little software package that may help you to get a handle on analytical probability analyses.

Send me a PM at mw.tait@sympatico.ca and, I'll send you a great little software package that may help you to get a handle on analytical probability analyses.

Done, thanks a lot Wallace.
BTW you can download EURACHEM guideline on analytical uncertainty from
EURACHEM.
I started to read it but it was too boring, much more than ISO 9001:2000 , so I gave up and tried other alternatives (see the poll)

I started to read it but it was too boring, much more than ISO 9001:2000 , so I gave up and tried other alternatives (see the poll)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What did you expect Franco intriguing short stories?

Regards,
Simon

What did you expect Franco intriguing short stories? 

Hi Simon and Saferpakers,

here you will find some hints to get around the boring stuff . It's been updated on March 1st.

EU report on analytical uncertainty and food contaminants.

Rgds. Franco
Sorry Franco I'm just too tired to click the link.

Regards,
Simon

Sorry Franco I'm just too tired to click the link.

Hi Simon,

you could try this Measurement Uncertainty leaflet

You could try this Measurement Uncertainty leaflet

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Franco what a refreshing change! Big pictures, ga ga text, exactly my level.

Thanks,
Simon

Franco what a refreshing change! Big pictures, ga ga text, exactly my level.

As a matter of fact this is exactly my level too mate , but I would like to point out that it is Executive level too and the leaflet may help understanding the quality of analytical results
Thanks Franco, I now know what AU is.

Regards,
Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Frequency of External Calibration of Analytical Balance and Incubator Determining requirement to conduct analytical tests on a lot basis? How to determine analytical frequencey Is it okay to do external calibration every two years for incubator & analytical balance? Calibration certificate for analytical instrumentation Analytical quality control samples Analytical validation of "wheat free" claims? Analytical Reports - Acceptable Bacterial Counts? Analytical Uncertainty For Chemical Contaminants