• IFSQN Member
  • 52 posts
  • 76 thanks
Good

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

Hi,

Can anyone explain to me in simple terms how to prepare analytical quality control samples please?

We have been told that we need to put this in place but at the moment no one knows what to do.

I work for beverage company.

Any help would be welcome.

Agnes

Agnes

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:59 PM

I believe what your talking about is something like this:

Wash hands, put on gloves, sanitize sampling port, open sanitary container, fill container, close container, return to lab?

We had a procedure for pulling yogurt samples like that.  Sanitizing the sampling port was something like sanitizer in a bag and you pushed on the bottom of the bag to have sanitizer rise up, cover the port, and fall back down.  I believe we did that like 3 times.  We did let some of the product fall out of the sampling port onto the floor before putting it into the container... but yogurt on the floor was nothing out of the ordinary in a days work.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

DP2006

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 65 posts
  • 21 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:18 AM

Agnes,

There are also considerations around sample preparation eg preparing a suitably sized and representative sample for analysis.

If you are talking about dry ingredients, you might need to consider sample preparation techniques like sample dividing eg "cone and quarter" unless the dry sample is automatically collected over a period of time.

There are many things to consider!

Good Luck!

DP2006

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users