What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

DHA Oil considered an allergen?

Started by , Jan 24 2008 01:29 AM
3 Replies
Hi Guys,

Would just like to know if anyone has experience or literature regarding DHA(Docosahexanoic Acid) oil from fish ( but is a refined oil) considered an allergen?

Much Thanks!
Berzerx
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Distribution in Allergen Management Allergen checklist to supplier Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Allergen Specific factory wear Allergen declaration for gelatin?
[Ad]
Hi fiel,

Just to help you, DHA oil is not considered as an important allergen you have to mention on your labels in European union. A lot of proteins can be considered as allergens, but a few ones are really dangerous - compared to sensitive-people - do we have to be careful because 10 people were ill because of carrots for example during the last 10 years?

I never heard DHA oil could be dangerous, according to my knowledges (but I'm not an expert)!

Hope it helps,

Emmanuel.
Thank you Emmanuel for your valued input. I too haven't heard any incidence of DHA as a dangerous oil. It is thus important to include in labels as also required by our regulatory bodies here. THanks!

Fiel
Thanks for information....
i also never heard that DHA oil is an allergen....
but,some of the protein are allergen for certain individual....

however,thanks for sharing this info so that i will be pay attention to DHA oil in certain products that have to mention in the label.

Similar Discussion Topics
Distribution in Allergen Management Allergen checklist to supplier Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Allergen Specific factory wear Allergen declaration for gelatin? Allergen Management Allergen Management Plan Lychee Nut Management as an Allergen Allergen Risk Assessment Carryover Non Allergen