What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Safety Policy

Started by , Mar 16 2008 01:48 PM
5 Replies
Hi,

I'm new to the forum. My name is Philip i am a biotechnology student from belgium. My thesis consist of implementing ISO 2200 in a hospital kitchen. I've come to my first problem. I'm trying to write a document that contains everything they need to know on how to write a food safety policy in accordance with ISO 22000. I've got the dutch version so i don't know if my translation is going be correct. I don't understand the part about the management assessments (5.1.d) isn't this the same as 5.2.d what leads to 5.8?

Thank you for the help
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]
Dear H.

You are totally right.

5.1d (management commitment in the English version) said that top management has to demonstrate their commitment to food safety management system by conducting a management review (5.8).
5.2d said that the policy has to be reviewed.

5.8 is about this management review and states the input and output to the Management Review.

I do no know if you have any experience with ISO 9001:2000, but it is quite similair in that standard.

I hope this answers your question.

P.S. Why would you establish a procedure about how to make a policy?
Thank you Madam A. D-tor. Any other comments on a food safety policy for ISO 22000? A few examples would be fantastic.

Regards,
Simon
My very kinda auditor suggested "To achieve less than ## of customer complaints related to safety issues"

You could also measure the objective by customer complaints related to regulatory issues.

Apart from customer complaints and internal CAR, i do not have any idea what else could be used to measure this objective
Just to add, under ISO/TS 22004 Guidance to ISO22000, 5.2 Food Safety Policy, two examples were given; reduce the number of recalls/withdrawals, and, decrease the occurrence of foreign bodies.

The usual SMART rules has to be applied to any of the objectives set.
Hi Philip,

Some time ago I posted a doc on this forum with objectives.

Here they are again:

1. ABC LTD maintains certified against the standard in 2006.

2. Audits by the certified body shall result in less than 5 minors and no major deviations in the year 2006.

3. Corrective actions as the result of non-conformities from internal audits shall be followed up within 10 working days during the year 2006.

4. No more than 15 breaches of hygiene practices are allowed in the high-risk production department per month.
(People not wearing scalp covering, jewellery violations)

5. All employees follow one hour training regarding food safety in 2006.

6. Not more than 4 delayed orders for food safety reasons in the year 2006.

7. Microbiological testing should not give more than 0.1% false results in the year 2006.

8. Not more than 1 ton of raw materials from a critical supplier shall be microbiological contaminated every quarter.

9. Not more than 1% of packed products from brand A are returned because of failing packaging per month.

10. Less than 3 food safety related claims from customers.

Have a nice day, Okido

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces