What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

A 1 Person Company How Does Internal Audit

Started by , Apr 17 2008 02:23 PM
7 Replies
Hallo everybody!

Iam new and my english needs improovement........!!!

My issue is the following. There is a winery that it is consist of 1 person only (the owner)!! The company implements 22k and since there is only one person working in the company, can not proceed internal audits. The company needs an external auditor, right? Ok. Is there any other way?? because this costs!!!
An other issue is that at 5.6.2 (Review input) it is writen that "input shall be presented in a manner that enables top managment to relate the input to stated objectives...). Now since there is only one person in the company and that person is the top managment and everythng else, does he needs to write down all the inputs for himself in a report in order to conduct the output review?

Thank you for the help!!
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit
[Ad]
Dear Duente:

I suggest to employ a worker and train him/her to handle the system. However, I am not too sure whether his/her salary will be higher than engaging the service from external party for audit.

This is only my opinion.

Yong
If there is no getting away with doing it all yourself I would use a consultant. A consultant maybe one day a month would help you keep the momentum going and would cost less than employing a full time person. Two heads are better than one and the discussions are a little more...normal?

Simon
Yes, the consultant sounds a good idea.
Thank you for your help!!!
Dear Duente,

It depends on the degree of urgency however if the wine owner has a family, this surely represents the most cost efficient long term solution.

I am slightly surprised that ISO 22000 is accessible to a literally 1-person production. Self - trained for HACCP ?? Is there only 1 room also ? How about vineyards ??

Rgds / Charles.C
An interesting situation, - ISO 22000 does not specify the minimum size of an organization as a prerequisite. However, it must be a daunting task attempting to capture all the information while being the only personnel. Personnel Hygiene checklist would appear to be a simple task etc.

I am on the same page with CHarles C. with regards to engaging a member of the family i.e. wife to be the auditor although I would hope that any NCs raised would not end up in a domestic argument.....without considering food safety knowledge aspect#
Dear Charles.

Thanks for the idea. Yes the wife can be that person. The thing is, that accourding the laws in Greece, every person that works with food must be trained in special courses organised by the Greeck food agency (EFET) on food safety and have some relative permision (theoreticaly). Now the personel that employs is for two-three weeks time max and usualy they are not educated or do not know fluend greeck or they are not Greecks-members of EU. So they can not have permision or be trained. So the job is done by this one person (the owner)...........!
Dear Duente,

I think, Internal Audit is done to measure the activity of persons on the behalf of boss if it is comply with the plans or not. If you have no workman to measure, you will not do for your own farm.

But the verification of your Plans must be validated before your plan implementation.
Best regards

Vecdi Karacaoğlu
www.nevgrup.com.tr

Similar Discussion Topics
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company Third party audit certificate redacted BRC Internal Auditing Query