What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

E-learning

Started by , Jul 03 2003 07:55 AM
2 Replies
My organisation is carrying out a pilot for e-learning and I'm a passenger on the programme. So far we have evaluated two separate training modules, one on decision-making and one on communication skills. A couple of weeks after we have finished the e-learning CD they hold a full day instructor led training session to reinforce the learning.

At this stage we are supposed to be evaluating e-learning as a methodology and not the content of the individual e-learning CD.

My conclusions so far is that computer based training or e-learning is probably a good method for learning about a technical skill, but not for a soft skill. Personally I find something not quite right about sitting at a computer to learn about communication skills (unless it was about email). On the other hand the instructor led training is very good, the sessions are fun and very interactive and they allow people from different functions to get to know each other better and to understand more about the business in general.

I would be interested to hear about your experiences with e-learning especially if you have used it to train employees on quality / business improvement subjects.

Regards,
Simon
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Learning and Behaviour Science in Food Safety Learning and Behaviour Science in Food Safety Learning and Behaviour Science in Food Safety New to cannabis industry, looking forward to discussing topics and learning in this new area Fun activities to reinforce learning - food safety and sanitation
[Ad]
We A.V. Birla group has also started e-learning in a big way. You can visit it to our website

adityadisha.com
Hi Manoj,

I just visited your company website www.adityadisha.com, but you have to register and be an employee to gain access, I think. Anyway why don't you tell us about your experience of the e-learning programme?

Regards,
Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Learning and Behaviour Science in Food Safety Learning and Behaviour Science in Food Safety Learning and Behaviour Science in Food Safety New to cannabis industry, looking forward to discussing topics and learning in this new area Fun activities to reinforce learning - food safety and sanitation Learning how to implement BRC from scratch Big Data and the Internet of Things: Examining the applications of Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning for Food Safety Management Modern learning options to educate and upskill your food handlers Big Data and the Internet of Things: Examining the applications of Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning for Food Safety Management Learning to SALSA