What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Top hints and tips on cheese

Started by , May 27 2008 04:32 PM
5 Replies
Do any of you who have worked in dairy have any hints and tips on cheese? Anything which is a 'oh no, not that again' quality issue?

Thanks folks.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Tips and tricks or easier ways to create Safety Data Sheets Cheese company uniforms To melt, or not to melt the cheese! Tips for preventing recalls due to undeclared allergens Tips for preventing recalls due to undeclared allergens
[Ad]
Hi GMO,

Can you be a little more specific?

Regards, Okido
Sorry! I meant if you work in cheese, what are the quality issues which crop up again and again? What do you do to prevent them? Particularly what quality issues arise in maturing, cutting and packing? Off the top of my head, packaging integrity seems the most important but I have never worked in cheese, I've only used it.
Any cheese people around?
here i am!!

quality issues would be, for production really, slow vats (taking a long time to "pitch") and bacteriopharges (which would kill off the starter culture)

Listeria can also be a problem as can salmonella (if your not using a DVI)

Cutting would be foreign body potentially

packing would be integrity of packaging and depends if your nitrogen flushing too.

if you want to know a bit more, mail me

Caz x
Dear GMO

I am doing cheese and one of the notable scinarios are:

Maturation-variation in taste and falvour,
Control of yaest andd mold growth(whitened patches on packaging)
handling and hygiene-microbial counts.

i think we camn work and share ideas for mutul process and quality improvements.

Regards,

Steve

Similar Discussion Topics
Tips and tricks or easier ways to create Safety Data Sheets Cheese company uniforms To melt, or not to melt the cheese! Tips for preventing recalls due to undeclared allergens Tips for preventing recalls due to undeclared allergens Tips for preventing recalls due to undeclared allergens Tips on remembering all of the Sections, Clauses and Elements of SQF Metal Detection for Mac and Cheese Cartons Containing Foil Pouches Cheese annalouge declaration Does anyone have any experience of spoilage in soft cheese?