What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Today's website downtime

Started by , May 30 2008 03:43 PM
1 Reply
I noticed about 11 a.m. GMT that the forum appeared to have rewound to the date we moved servers (mid April). I contacted the web hosts and they confirmed that for some reason IFSQN.com was now pointing to the old server again (they forgot to delete the site form the old server). The support guy duly deleted the files on the old site and repointed IFSQN.com to the new server again. I’m a bit dubious as to how it could have done that by itself, but thankfully downtime has been minimal (about 4 hours or so) and we are back to normal, whatever that is.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Regards,
Simon
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Would Mr. Wonka be able to hack it today? SQF Code Edition 9 Released Today Hi all, I am from Trinidad and Tobago and I just joined today Finished up our qualifying certification audit today FSMA Final Rules Submitted Today to Federal Register
[Ad]

I noticed about 11 a.m. GMT that the forum appeared to have rewound to the date we moved servers (mid April). I contacted the web hosts and they confirmed that for some reason IFSQN.com was now pointing to the old server again (they forgot to delete the site form the old server). The support guy duly deleted the files on the old site and repointed IFSQN.com to the new server again. I’m a bit dubious as to how it could have done that by itself, but thankfully downtime has been minimal (about 4 hours or so) and we are back to normal, whatever that is.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Regards,
Simon

Mmm I spoke too soon. I've had a fraught weekend liaising with the hosting company about the web site, which has been down - well, all weekend. Shortly after I reported everything was back to normal on Friday the website went down again, until about 10 minutes ago. I won't bore you with the details. It's been a long tense couple of days, at one point I thought that some if not all data had been lost, fortunately it looks like none has. I'm backing up as we speak and will do this weekly from now, even though the hosts claim they do it daily.

Again I apologise for anyone trying to log on this weekend, fingers crossed we are over the problems now.

Regards,
Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Would Mr. Wonka be able to hack it today? SQF Code Edition 9 Released Today Hi all, I am from Trinidad and Tobago and I just joined today Finished up our qualifying certification audit today FSMA Final Rules Submitted Today to Federal Register Passed Audit Today - Thanks! BRC annual report is out today My mechanic is gonna be busy today Today I ate some ‘out of date’ Coleman’s English Mustard Today's Forum Downtime