What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Explanation of Items in PRP

Started by , Jun 11 2009 09:31 AM
6 Replies
Hello All

I am currently working in a downstream palm oil corporation that is in process of obtaining ISO 22000. As I went through the PRP I got confused of two items:

1. Light bulbs are dated and current.
Does it mean that we need to record when the light bulbs are installed and also the voltage needed by the light bulbs? or ?
2. List of chemicals which are being used.
Does it mean all chemicals in the site such as in laboratory, boiler, maintenance, etc? or only those related to plant processes?

Thanks alot for sharing.

Best regards

Juyuan
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Building a Food Safety Management System (Short, concise explanation) Seeking explanation for NC on FSMS section 4.4 Environmental Monitoring - SQF 2.4.8.1 - Explanation Explanation of the text of CFR - Title 21 HACCP decision tree explanation
[Ad]
Can any ISO 22000 users please help Juyuan.
Dear Juyuan,

I got confused of two items

I’m not surprised.

I’m not an ISO 22000 user but the second query is typical of food safety / management systems and the answer is “all”. Remember that the food system overlaps the whole facility. There hv been some very unfortunate incidents due to misuse / mislabelling of items like laboratory related / engineering chemicals.

The first one really requires more info from yourself to attempt to answer. I am only guessing really but a usual basic stock control list would typically require knowledge of when entering the facility, when / where installed, possibly the electrical details if a routine item but definitely if some special component. If you are referring to an in-use, operational checklist, "dated" perhaps means if within expected working life (eg electrocuter bulbs) and perhaps when last checked as satisfactorily working / having proper condition (eg no broken screen etc). This seems (very) overkill unless some specially sensitive bulb is involved. “Current” probably means up-to-date and not the “electrical” current but the latter is, I suppose, not impossible depending on the specific case.

Rgds / Charles.C
I´m a ISO 22000 FSMS user.

Charles is correct, all chemicals must be controlled. Unless there is no possibility that a chemical can be introduced to production or storing areas because of the design of the facilities.

If electrocuter bulbs must be considered, there are at least two issues:

a) That they do the work they should do (kill bugs), so take care that they function properly.
b) They they are possible source of broken glass, so they must be protected from entering in contact with product or ingredients or process equipment when broken. Plastic covered bulbs must suffice.

When thinking about the possibility of foreing material in product, extend that to other objects like plastics and wood pallets.

Hello All

I am currently working in a downstream palm oil corporation that is in process of obtaining ISO 22000. As I went through the PRP I got confused of two items:

1. Light bulbs are dated and current.
Does it mean that we need to record when the light bulbs are installed and also the voltage needed by the light bulbs? or ?
2. List of chemicals which are being used.
Does it mean all chemicals in the site such as in laboratory, boiler, maintenance, etc? or only those related to plant processes?

Thanks alot for sharing.

Best regards

Juyuan

Hi,
Those are not ISO-22000 requirements.
Juyuan:

Erasmo do have a point, if you look for the text you entered, you will not be able to find it in the standard, but, if you have to work with ISO 22000, then chemicals and foreing matter fits within the definition 3.3. So they must be considered in your risk analysis and determine wether they should be controlled with a OPRP or as CCP.
Dear All

Thank you very much for the explanation. I really appreciate all the input.

Regards

Juyuan

Similar Discussion Topics
Building a Food Safety Management System (Short, concise explanation) Seeking explanation for NC on FSMS section 4.4 Environmental Monitoring - SQF 2.4.8.1 - Explanation Explanation of the text of CFR - Title 21 HACCP decision tree explanation Explanation of the various date codes on the food product labeling BRC V7 5.4.5 Clause explanation please? Needed: Brief explanation of how to comply with 22000 & 9000 OPRPs/CCPs - An explanation of 7.4.4 a) Explanation of different types of audits?