• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:40 PM

Hi,

I understand that ISO22000 is the food safety management system and 9000 is the QMS and how a business must have their systems examined by an outside assessor before receiving accreditation.

I am an EHO so have a great knowledge of food safety but would only have experience ensuring compliance with legislation and licneses. I have never worked directly with implementing or ensuring compliance with 22000 & 9000. I have an interview for a bottling company and one of the job specs is to ensure complaince with the standards.

Can you please give me an example or explain how you would ensure complaince with these on a day to day basis. I know it entails a lot more than just the HACCP system and that the audit looks at policies, management commitment and communication amongst other things.

Id really appreciate your help with this.

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:47 AM

Someone with your background would make a good QA manager! I'm assuming eho = environmental health officer

say this phrase a lot  - FOOD SAFETY

You gotta werk those strengths - You want people to be healthy.  You've worked your whole life to keep people healthy.  And this is another way to keep people safe, by keeping their food safe.

You probably have experience with science and math research, which are essential tools.  Maybe you're well organized, or good with a computer.

You can pass an audit like grandma passing gas after a double round of 6 bean chili Tex mex Tuesday

Day to Day - What I woudl want in a QA Manager - but not what everyone would want -

Someone who likes to be on the floor, watch and talk to people, and then solve their problems

Someone who is open to creative and low cost ways to comply that work

Someone who understnads that compliance at a factory comes through a culture of food safety.

So a common problem might be - used cleaning towel found on top of  equipment / floor

And a solution might be - add a trash can / towel drop closer to the person using the towels

a common problem might be - employees leave lids off of buckets

and a solution might be - foot operated self closing trash cans ($$)

a common problem might be - mop used to clean the rest room is hanging next to the mop used to clean the production floor

and a solution might be - separate mop racks for restroom tools.

Edited by magenta_majors, 01 July 2014 - 12:48 AM.

.--. .- -. - ... / --- .--. - .. --- -. .- .-..

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:39 AM

Dear eireann,

The scope of yr query IMO is unfortunately somewhat book dimensions inasmuch as ISO presents quality systems. You might compare it to a similar query made from someone regarding HACCP. :smile:

I deduce from yr post that you are not yet familiar with nor have yet read the ISO 9000, 22000 standards.?

If so, that would be my first recommendation(s) since it is probably the MS aspect which will be least familiar.

As you note, iso22000 contains many analogous MS portions to ISO 9001 but refocused / expanded towards safety rather than "quality" (something of a contradiction in terms of course).

In fact the iso22000 standard contains a contents, clause-by-clause, comparison matrix to iso 9001 which is informative.

If you wish a rapid, relatively painless, introduction to (some of) the basic stuff of ISO22000, eg to see the type of perspectives involved maybe have a look at these links  -

http://www.ifsqn.com...000/#entry29329

(2 fairly easy reads, the second item was originally intended as a partial self-instruction series)

http://www.ifsqn.com...ual/#entry56640

(see the pdf file, well done IMO, informative and essentially "addresses" the contents of iso22000 standard)

http://www.ifsqn.com...indpost&p=21326

(some good thinking regarding 9001/haccp)

http://www.ifsqn.com...indpost&p=22169

(maybe of interest, general on certification stds, limited on iso22000 itself due date of issue)

You should also be aware of iso22004, iso22002-1 regarding implementation, prerequisites respectively. The first attempts to clarify some of the iso-haccp intricacies, the second has attained global significance IMO as a standard for haccp prerequisites (i daresay you knew this already)

If i have mismatched yr requirements, pls revert with any specific queries.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users