What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF 2000

Started by , May 28 2010 05:51 PM
3 Replies
Hello Simon,

Thank you, your information was helpful.
I have another question.
I am working on implementing SQF 2000 level 2 in a Bakery.
With regards to uniforms, is it acceptable to have the staff wearing snap shirt (short sleeved) and pants with a disposable apron?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Betts
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What is new in FSSC 2000:2018 V5.1? Cross referencing Iso 9001:2000 and Brc/iop FSSC 22000 audit check list (ISO 22000:2018 + PAS 2000) Metal Detector Validation for SQF 2000- Challenge studies? SQF 2000 - Shadow Audit
[Ad]
Can anyone familiar with SQF 2000 requirements provide a view on this?

Hello Simon,

Thank you, your information was helpful.
I have another question.
I am working on implementing SQF 2000 level 2 in a Bakery.
With regards to uniforms, is it acceptable to have the staff wearing snap shirt (short sleeved) and pants with a disposable apron?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Betts

Hi Betts

SQF isn't particularly prescriptive over this - clothing needs to be worn so that it doesn't present a contamination risk. I can understand in a hot environment such as a bakery why staff would wear a short shirt but to cover yourself you will need to risk assess if this represents a likely foreign body hazard. If someone is particularly hairy then you might get hair in your product. This may be accpetable from a food safety perspective in that it is not likely to kill anyone but do you want complaints of hair in your product? A look at your complaint history may be able to tell you.

I personally am not a fan of short shirts.

Kind regards,

Tony
Also no pockets in upper body garments, have to put your pen behind your ear or somewhere handy.

Similar Discussion Topics
What is new in FSSC 2000:2018 V5.1? Cross referencing Iso 9001:2000 and Brc/iop FSSC 22000 audit check list (ISO 22000:2018 + PAS 2000) Metal Detector Validation for SQF 2000- Challenge studies? SQF 2000 - Shadow Audit Internal audit schedule and checklist for SQF 2000 Level 3 Concerned with SQF 2000 Auditor SQF 2000 4.4.2.1 - Validation and verification of the food safety plan SQF 2000 Training - Floor Level Employees SQF 2000 and Migration Testing in US