What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Biological risk assesment

Started by , Mar 17 2011 02:45 AM
8 Replies
Dear All,

Your advice on the query mentioned below will be much appreciated.

As i am not microbiologist i am bit struggling when m doing risk assesment on micro hazards....(i.e which micro risk assosiated with particular raw material and/or process)

Would any one provide me key of solution for this particular query,in terms of any reference book or any guideline?

Thanks in advance!!
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Control the biological hazards documentation Biological Hazards Question Are all biological hazards considered castatrophic in terms of severity? What Biological risk in benzoic acid as raw materials Vegetable Oil Scientific Study for Biological Hazards
[Ad]
what kind of products are you making? dry? fresh? canned?
We are making chilled ready to eat dessert,heat treated ,pasteurised products products!!
Dear SS2010,

To lessen the visual confusion (and my spinning head ), may I recommend you add a

(quote)

at the beginning of yr quoted paragraphs (but replacing the () by [], or even easier, try and avoid deleting the

(quote)

which should be automatically provided. (??)

The result before posting should then look something like example below but with [] replacing ()

We are making chilled ready to eat dessert,heat treated ,pasteurised products products!!
(quote)what kind of products are you making? dry? fresh? canned?
(/quote)

Rgds / Charles.C
I'm not a micro expert either but I found a book by the RSc called "Food Microbiology" to be a really simple introduction. Also as you're working in chilled RTE, it might be an idea to go on a basic micro course.

Apart from that, presumably you use a contract lab? They're normally an excellent source of information and guidance on these subjects. Use them! You're paying them enough!
1 Thank

Dear SS2010,

To lessen the visual confusion (and my spinning head ), may I recommend you add a at the beginning of yr quoted paragraphs (but replacing the () by [], or even easier, try and avoid deleting the which should be automatically provided. (??)

The result before posting should then look something like example below but with [] replacing ()

(quote)what kind of products are you making? dry? fresh? canned?
(/quote)

Rgds / Charles.C

If one reads your post in detail it makes perfect sense although I fear for others less inclined to read in detail Microbiology may appear more elementary.

A picture paints a thousand words.
quote.gif   3.65KB   10 downloads
Hi SS2010,

Here's some information that is an easy read.

Attached Files

1 Thank
Hi SS2010,

If it is still of interest: I have found the US FDA's "Bad Bug Book" to be very good and comprehensive. It is perfect for quick reference and to get an initial overview over relevant food pathogenic organisms and toxins.

You can find it here: Bad Bug Book

Hope that helps.
2 Thanks
Thx for sharing

Similar Discussion Topics
Control the biological hazards documentation Biological Hazards Question Are all biological hazards considered castatrophic in terms of severity? What Biological risk in benzoic acid as raw materials Vegetable Oil Scientific Study for Biological Hazards Biological characteristics of french beans Salt and biological hazards Biological Fluids Sterilization OTR and WVTR rates dependency on biological activity inside pouch What biological hazards are associated with dry beans and grains?