What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Color of paper towel in Production Area

Started by , Mar 03 2012 10:35 AM
4 Replies
Hi All,

I have one question regrading color of paper towel in production area. I am wondering is it necessary in BRC that color paper towel should be used only or we can use white paper towel as well. Comments and opinions will be higly appreciated.

Atique
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
In CFR 111 must we reconfirm suppliers certificate of analysis for flavors and color? Cranberry Color Change Standardization of Caramel Color and Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein Color deviation acceptable range Virgin Coconut Oil Color Change
[Ad]
Clause 4.8.6 is where you need to look, it does not specify a color only single use towels or suitable air dryer.

Hi Atique,

Whilst BRC doesn't specify a colour for the paper towels, just that they must be single use/air dryer, it is good practice to use paper towel that is a different colour from food, in order to help identify potential physical contamination of food products during production operations.

Regards

Gloria
It depends what you're using it for. For drying hands well away from the production area, I would say there was little or no risk. For cleaning (not that paper towels should be used for that), I would say it's inappropriate. If you're talking about drying hands in production areas, I would suggest a contrasting colour to the product is best practice but it would be a picky auditor who raised it as a non conformance.
Thanks dear all,

I appreciate .

Similar Discussion Topics
In CFR 111 must we reconfirm suppliers certificate of analysis for flavors and color? Cranberry Color Change Standardization of Caramel Color and Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein Color deviation acceptable range Virgin Coconut Oil Color Change Color code for cleaning SQF 9.1.2.4 - Can production flooring be of any color? Glove color code policy Brainstorming Color Coding System for Complex Facility Is there a standard color code for cleaning tools ?