What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Chemical Control Program Training Presentation

Started by , Jul 03 2012 10:37 PM
7 Replies
Does anyone have a training presentation on "Control of Chemicals" that I could customize? We had a customer audit recently and we were asked to train all employees on our "Control of Chemicals" Program, which we do have one in place, but they wanted to see a powerpoint training presentation, which I did not have, and, therefore, need to create ASAP. Any presentation that I could use as a guide would be very helpful.

Thansk!
SugarMama
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs ATP swabs ≠ Chemical Residue Testing Chemical treatment for red flour beetles and weevils Chemical Concentration verification and records Chemical Testing Requirements on a New Product
[Ad]
sorry i am working on mine too.. from scratch. AIB has some good pointers
9Chemicalcontrol.pdf   105.54KB   546 downloads

here use this to extract
5 Thanks
Thanks Vulindlela...very useful info!
SugarMama how did your presentation go?
i havent done my training yet..
It went well...thanks for asking! I have attached the file...hope it help you with your training!

Attached Files

11 Thanks
Dear All,

IMEX, the document under discussion is by no means simple to construct if you wish to attempt to be "comprehensive".

In addition to above nice examples, FMEX, i would definitely add some specific documents containing emphatic highlights with respect to worker safety. I realise this can be a training extension of the full MSD sheets etc but IMO some prioritisation is also useful, eg with respect to -

(a) potential explosive characteristics
(b) significant oxidising / reducing properties. Storage Implications.
© handling risks.

As one example, sub-packing the popular calcium hypochlorite powder into "user-friendly" bags from bulk units. This readily creates a vicious dust around the operator / close environment. It is also a powerful oxidant. Drums stored in a casually convenient fashion for dispensing/scooping and also in proximity to reducing agents can violently demolish stores.

The procedure for diluting / sub-packing sodium hypochlorite solution ex 10% tanks is almost equally offensive to the operator, etc.

IMO, handling exercises involving items such as the above cannot be safely carried out within a closed space for routine purposes.

Having once experienced a nitrogen cylinder flying a few feet past my head is not forgotten too quickly.

Rgds / Charles.C
Thanks Vulindlela...I found this very useful info too!

Similar Discussion Topics
Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs ATP swabs ≠ Chemical Residue Testing Chemical treatment for red flour beetles and weevils Chemical Concentration verification and records Chemical Testing Requirements on a New Product Chemical Dilution Concentration (Automatic Dispenser) and Sink Compartment for Cleaning How do you dispose of empty chemical drums and containers? Are chemical supplier trailers required to use seals or tamper evidence? Procedures for the safe, legal disposal or return of obsolete or out-of-date chemicals and empty chemical containerstainers Looking for a chemical solution preferably with sanitizer for our dishwashing unit