• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 13 June 2019 - 06:02 PM

Hi All,

I am a newer QA technician, and I have been given a chance to try writing a policy on chemical titration, including concentration verification and records. I was wondering if anyone had some good examples of these that I can reference to knock my bosses socks off with my first policy? Thank you in advance to anyone willing to help me!

Kelsey

zanorias

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 811 posts
  • 245 thanks
Excellent

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:Motorcycling, Food Safety, Science, Paddleboarding, Space

Posted 14 June 2019 - 08:16 AM

Hi Kelsey,

Are you writing a policy for an existing procedure and want literary references to justify the need for chemical titration and show the consequences of inadequacy?

Or are you writing a procedure itself? In which case I would refer to the chemical suppliers recommendations for usage and methods. I use an excel sheet for keeping records, with simple formatting to calculate conc % and highlight any out of spec results.

p.s. :welcome: to the forum

KHemmings11

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 14 June 2019 - 11:19 AM

Thank you for the response, and the welcoming! I am writing the procedure itself. :smile: 

zanorias

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 811 posts
  • 245 thanks
Excellent

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:Motorcycling, Food Safety, Science, Paddleboarding, Space

Posted 14 June 2019 - 11:49 AM

In that case, I would contact the suppliers if they have not already provided the recommended titration and info relevant to your operation. I can't share my procedure itself, but it's essentially the testing method, frequency of tests for each chemical/area, corrective actions, and testing in a hygienic manner I.e. not contaminating product. Bear in mind also any scheme or regulatory requirements you may have in regards to this. 

I hope your bosses appreciate the effort :smile:

Thanked by 1 Member:

parth3302

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 13 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 18 October 2023 - 06:04 PM

How often does the verification of cleaning chemicals should be done? (CFIA audit)

jfrey123

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 635 posts
  • 182 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 October 2023 - 05:14 PM

In my mind, it's best to verify them before each shift they'll be used.  If you've got a machine premixing the titrations, yeah it's a pain, but verification is quick with a test strip.  If you're mixing manually, then every batch you mix should absolutely be checked.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users