• Quick Navigation
Photo

ATP swabs ≠ Chemical Residue Testing

Share this

Best Answer , 15 December 2023 - 01:54 PM

You are correct on the ATP swabs

Verifying rinse water seems like overkill to me, but I suppose that would depend on your finished good

When titrations are done regularly during sanitation activities to ensure that they are within the prescribed range, I would not also be testing surfaces for residue  Also, remember that most sanitizers should be allowed to dry prior to commencing production and most will off gas whilst evaporating

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Andras_Gergely

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 14 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 15 December 2023 - 10:31 AM

Hi all,

Can you please confirm that ATP swabs are not suitable for testing cleaned and rinsed surfaces for cleaning chemical residues? Rinsed surfaces or rinsing water after cleaning should be periodically tested for conductivity or pH or free chlorine content or titratable acidity. Whereas ATP swabs indicate only organic matter left behind on a surface.

Thank you.

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,514 posts
  • 1515 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 15 December 2023 - 01:54 PM   Best Answer

You are correct on the ATP swabs

Verifying rinse water seems like overkill to me, but I suppose that would depend on your finished good

When titrations are done regularly during sanitation activities to ensure that they are within the prescribed range, I would not also be testing surfaces for residue  Also, remember that most sanitizers should be allowed to dry prior to commencing production and most will off gas whilst evaporating

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users