What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Work Instructions Template?

Started by , Apr 15 2013 05:35 PM
2 Replies
I'm trying to take the advice of a member to make work station instructions. I know it is mentioned in the SQF code to have documented instructions, but is a small laminated poster sufficient at the work stations (besides the official SOP)?

It's frustrating to see these abbreviations in the code (WI) and then they don't explain exactly what those are or what is acceptable. Well, that's SQF for you.

Anyway, does anyone have a basic template they would be willing to share or what type of info they are looking for? GMPs, etc, or spell out what the stations do? This can be difficult because the stations move around based on space or work for the day.

Thanks
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Lost 3 months of work updating documentation Requirements for Work In Process WIP Does anyone have a really good template for a standard operating procedure work instruction? Anyone else work in a Chocolate Factory? How to share certification work and costs with external company?
[Ad]

I'm trying to take the advice of a member to make work station instructions. I know it is mentioned in the SQF code to have documented instructions, but is a small laminated poster sufficient at the work stations (besides the official SOP)?

It's frustrating to see these abbreviations in the code (WI) and then they don't explain exactly what those are or what is acceptable. Well, that's SQF for you.

Anyway, does anyone have a basic template they would be willing to share or what type of info they are looking for? GMPs, etc, or spell out what the stations do? This can be difficult because the stations move around based on space or work for the day.

Thanks

Hi Destinee,

You should do what works best for your organization. Provided you have controlled authorized documents that your employees understand (given that requirements for training and competency are met) then there should be no problem.

I like to use photos where they would be useful - see this example here http://www.ifsqn.com...ning-procedure/

Regards,

Tony
Thanks Tony,

We love pictures here. Sometimes that's the only way to communicate!

Similar Discussion Topics
Lost 3 months of work updating documentation Requirements for Work In Process WIP Does anyone have a really good template for a standard operating procedure work instruction? Anyone else work in a Chocolate Factory? How to share certification work and costs with external company? Standard Operating Procedure vs Work Instruction How to Cover for Months of Missing Work Can you have approved sanitizing wipes placed at work stations throughout a food facility? Work Instruction for Mixing Cleaning Chemicals Is a line clearance form for all maintenance work required?