What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC clause 3.5.4

Started by , Apr 30 2013 05:34 AM
2 Replies

Hello Everybody,

Firstly thank you all for sharing very useful information which helped to start and continue my documentation I am on my first BRC documentation for newly set up Spices and Herbs company. I have started my documentation and kinda stuck up at 3.5.4 clause. Since our laboratories are not fully equipped we are sending out grounded sample of raw material to Eurofins Labs for Aflatoxins and other microbiological analysis and apart from that our packaging is done at another site and shipped directly to respective countries from our 25kg PP bags with sterilised final ground spices.

Now my query is that how do I state that in my documentation and is it necessary to have BRC certification for the site where the packaging is done.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
ISO 22000:2018 - Clause 4.3 SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Clause 8.5.1.2 - Characteristics of raw materials, ingredients and product contact materials
[Ad]

Hello Everybody,

Firstly thank you all for sharing very useful information which helped to start and continue my documentation I am on my first BRC documentation for newly set up Spices and Herbs company. I have started my documentation and kinda stuck up at 3.5.4 clause. Since our laboratories are not fully equipped we are sending out grounded sample of raw material to Eurofins Labs for Aflatoxins and other microbiological analysis and apart from that our packaging is done at another site and shipped directly to respective countries from our 25kg PP bags with sterilised final ground spices.

Now my query is that how do I state that in my documentation and is it necessary to have BRC certification for the site where the packaging is done.

Hi Karthik,

This is covered in '3.5.4.2 The company shall ensure that subcontractors are approved and monitored by successful completion of either a documented site audit or third party certification...........'

Regards,

Tony

Thank you Tony..

Similar Discussion Topics
ISO 22000:2018 - Clause 4.3 SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Clause 8.5.1.2 - Characteristics of raw materials, ingredients and product contact materials FSSC 22000 Clause 2.5.1 - Management of Services and Purchased Materials BRCGS clause 3.5 BRCGS Clause 3.7.5 - Supply Chain Traceability FSSC 22000 Clause 2.5.7 - Environmental Monitoring Programme Addressing clause 6.1 and clause 8.1 in ISO 22000:2018