What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How do I validate a metal detector CCP?

Started by , May 24 2013 08:52 PM
2 Replies

How do i validate a metal detector ccp. 

I work in a bakery and we produce 5 bakery items and all bakery items go through a metal detector.  How do i validate the ccp.

Thanks in advance

Marvis

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Metal detector rejects
[Ad]

How do i validate a metal detector ccp. 

I work in a bakery and we produce 5 bakery items and all bakery items go through a metal detector.  How do i validate the ccp.

Thanks in advance

Marvis

"Property 2 involves validation. Is there actual metal in the product that has passed through the machine ? If the machine is assumed to be working properly, you won't know. There are a couple of ways to know - customer complaints and product testing. If product testing is done, one can take X amount of samples based on a company's sampling policy if they have one and have the product x-rayed or tested for metal contaminants on a periodic or routine basis such as quarterly semiannual or annual. These documented results would validate the effectiveness of the metal detector."

-rkb555

http://www.ifsqn.com...tion-ccp/page-2

Maybe another informative thread: http://www.ifsqn.com...-and-not-a-ccp/

1 Like3 Thanks

Marvis,

Another simple way to validate your metal detector is to engage in an outside contractor to confirm that your equipment is within spec/ critical limits-  Certificates of analysis..

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Metal detector rejects Metal detectable Infrared thermometer? Metal Detector Validation vs Calibration Metal Detector Validation Can you get SQF Certification without a Metal Detector? Metal Detection for Mac and Cheese Cartons Containing Foil Pouches