What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Recording weights of fixed weight products?

Started by , Jun 25 2013 09:25 AM
4 Replies

Hi All,

Just wondering how people record weights of fixed weight products?  We're using the old pen & paper method to record and then we calculate the average & standard deviation - thinking that something like those old plug in calculators with the till roll would be great to punch in the weights, press a button to calculate average & standard deviation, print out and retain would be a quicker way to do this overall. 

Anyone using a gadget to do this?  We're not at the tablets on the lines stage yet unfortunately!

Thanks,

Olivia

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Temperature recording document in Excel Where do I find the Practical Internal auditor Training for Food Operations Previous recording that I just purchased? CCP Cooking - Frequency of recording temperature of foods Recording Times of Metal Detector Tests How do you deal with someone not recording in real time and back-dated
[Ad]

I use an old pen & paper method (and good old excel). I also have a sartorious average weight scale, which is much as you described.

Caz x

Thanks Caz.  There just HAS to be something out there to take excel out of it!

Hi All,

Just wondering how people record weights of fixed weight products?  We're using the old pen & paper method to record and then we calculate the average & standard deviation - thinking that something like those old plug in calculators with the till roll would be great to punch in the weights, press a button to calculate average & standard deviation, print out and retain would be a quicker way to do this overall. 

Anyone using a gadget to do this?  We're not at the tablets on the lines stage yet unfortunately!

Thanks,

Olivia

Dear Olivia,

Do you mean record on-line at the production stage?

i saw a 20 station, fish fillet packaging set-up over 10yrs ago where the balance(s) were simply permanently hooked up to a central CPU. Everything statistical available in real-time, including over-weight.

Or perhaps you meant something portable, hand-size ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Hi Charles- had hoped for something hand held.  There is the capacity to record & upload weights from the check weighers but the weights wouldn't be available in real time so it isn't any good for us (i.e. would have to be done after production).  I will talk to our IT people but I know we looked at it a few years back to no avail.  If I was any way technically minded I'd invent something :)

Similar Discussion Topics
Temperature recording document in Excel Where do I find the Practical Internal auditor Training for Food Operations Previous recording that I just purchased? CCP Cooking - Frequency of recording temperature of foods Recording Times of Metal Detector Tests How do you deal with someone not recording in real time and back-dated NCR vs CAPA Recording Data logger temperature recording devices for frozen food shipping? Substandard trademarked waste disposal recording Metal Detection, recording deviations and corrections Template for recording the specifications for corrugated boxes