purepurple

Grade - Active

• 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Mauritius
    Mauritius

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:10 PM

We are a hotel going for HACCP certification. In some of the restaurants, the operations get very busy and it is not practical to record the temperature of each food that are cooked.Can anyone please suggest what is the maximum number of temperature readings that are acceptable to provide evidence that the CCP is in control?

Thanks

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1364 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:58 PM

BUMP for purepurple?

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

purepurple

Grade - Active

• 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Mauritius
    Mauritius

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:25 PM

Dear All,

Your expertise is required for the following please:

We are a hotel going for HACCP certification. In some of the restaurants, the operations get very busy and it is not practical to record the temperature of each food that are cooked.Can anyone please suggest what is the maximum number of temperature readings that are acceptable to provide evidence that the CCP is in control?

Thanks in advance

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:02 AM

Dear All,

Your expertise is required for the following please:

Thanks in advance

Dear purepurple,

I presume by "maximum" you mean "minimum" ? AFAIK, there is no general maximum/minimum but I assume "minimum" is >0. The amount of sampling of a specific process necessary for control typically depends on factors like product sensitivity, process variability, measurement capability,ie risk analysis.

I appreciate the point of yr question but IMEX for haccp-based control of processes, no data = no evidence of (CCP) control.

It is possible there may be specific legislative/auditorial tolerances for restaurants, either generally or locally in yr area, but hv no idea about this (not my product area), sorry.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

KTD

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 264 posts
  • 95 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:06 AM

Dear purepurple:
Have you developed any data at all yet? If so, you should be able to run some statistics and determine the variability, which can then be used to determine a monitoring frequency for sepcific products or groups of products. You should also conduct a risk analysis on products (grouping similar products, if possible) with regards to quality and food safety considerations. Then tailor your monitoring to the defined risk.
If you have not developed data yet, you might want to start ASAP...
If there are any restaurant associations where you are, they may be able to provide feedback also.

foodsafetyboy

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 72 posts
  • 9 thanks
Neutral

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:20 AM

Thanks

What kind of cooked items are your referring to? are they prepared by batch?
In my experience , we are manufacturing foods by batch and are also reading the temperature of the item (a representative of the batch) before and after cooking.

Regards

Dakis

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Greece
    Greece
  • Interests:Food Safety, IFS, ISO22000, Heavy Metal, Electric guitar

Posted 24 January 2022 - 11:01 PM

Hello there,

I am afraid that this is a topic that everyone is afraid to "touch" really

The reason is this: how can anybody implement a haccp system in a fast food (meat cooking etc) in real time? When trying to explain or give a solution, we are constantly making circles. 

Those are the crude facts:

1) CCP means constant monitoring!!!!

2) How does anyone accomplish a constant monitoring and record keeping in a meat restaurant (pork, beef, chicken etc)? For example, if we have to broil four stakes, what do we do? We monitor one of them for all or we do it for all four? We don't monitor at all? Or what do we do if we have to broil stake and chicken filet at the same time? We obviously need to record them separately isn't that right? in the end, how easy is that kind of record keeping in a restaurant? 

These are the questions we have to answer responsibly

Kind regards

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users