Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 13 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 30 December 2020 - 03:09 PM

Currently, our NCR vs CAPA programs and forms are pretty similar, with our NCR form requiring a root cause analysis to complete. That's just not practical for everything, so I'm looking to better differentiate these processes by how they are documented and am looking for suggestions. My thought was to make our NCR's an excel log. Excessive product on hold, negative trends, or a critical issue etc, would then trigger a CAPA report which would include a root cause? Does anyone have any suggestions for what their forms look like? (We're SQF audited, food manufacturing.) Thanks,

nwilson

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 105 posts
  • 46 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 30 December 2020 - 05:37 PM

That's actually what I created for our facility.  A general NC Log that is documenting the all the minutiae and a more formal CAPA for the larger more in depth items.  The NC Log is trended, categorized, followed up, general root cause, location, area of work, etc.  This has reduced down the formal corrective action process, however has actually created more traction to gain compliance as things can be corrected on the spot, and preventive action based on trending.  Also helps with a visual aid for the manager meetings as each department can see at a glance their totals and areas for improvement.  

We still initiate a formal CAPA for any allergen, labeling, audit results, or large scale customer complaints.  

Good Luck!  

:coffee:

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users