What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Who will be the leader of the emergency team?

Started by , Aug 26 2013 09:53 AM
3 Replies

Who will be the leader of the emergency team which can start with product recall when required?

Is it managed by QA Manager or by top management?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Suitable Flashlights for Inspections by the Production Team Emergency Supplier Approvals Food Safety Team Leader Experience SOP for Emergency Response during Power Outage, Sabotage and War Maintenance team footwear in production areas of a low risk poultry processing plant
[Ad]

I don't know what standard you are measuring to, but I would think it would be lead by your QA Manager.  They are going to have the understanding of what happened, what needs to be recalled and how it should be executed. Of course, top management would be involved but I would imagine they would just provide the resources to get this accomplished.

Setanta

The leader of the Emergency Prepardness Team should be whomever is prepared to coordinate and execute the recall.  This person must have the knowledge of how to conduct a recall, whom to contact, and how to delegate tasks of the recall to other members of the team.  In many cases, this may be the QA Managers.  In some cases, it may be another manager at the company - it just depends on your company's structure and knowledge base.

In my opinion the leader of the product recall team should be the production/operation in-charge. We have a list of 5 official who can initiate the product recall. Duty Manager is one of them.

Similar Discussion Topics
Suitable Flashlights for Inspections by the Production Team Emergency Supplier Approvals Food Safety Team Leader Experience SOP for Emergency Response during Power Outage, Sabotage and War Maintenance team footwear in production areas of a low risk poultry processing plant Documents for Bread Quality Control team Example procedure for procurement in emergency situation clause 2.5.1 FSSC 22000 v5.1 Template for preparing emergency preparedness assessment and drills procedure Recall Team Training content Crisis Management - Emergency Water Supply