What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How do you best deal with mobile phones in the workplace?

Started by , Sep 13 2013 02:40 AM
3 Replies

How do you best deal with mobile phones? I've updated our policy to say that only authorised phones are allowed in the plant, that the owner must report and clean up any breakage as per the glass policy, and that phones with broken screens are not permitted. I have no intention of auditing phones however. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Developing a Workplace Safety Program Cell phones, tablets, and scanners oh my! BRC 9 clause 4.6.4, 4.6.6 - Static-mobile equipment How to deal with delayed audits? BRCGS Food Safety 4.6.6 Mobile Equipment Brainstorm
[Ad]

How do you best deal with mobile phones? I've updated our policy to say that only authorised phones are allowed in the plant, that the owner must report and clean up any breakage as per the glass policy, and that phones with broken screens are not permitted. I have no intention of auditing phones however. 

Why do you allow mobile phones inside production unit? It is a sort of disturbance during work for the workers. Basically mobile phone should not be allowed inside production. Other sort of communication system should be in place.

Ban phones. Including management.  

If communications are required in the factory use official company walkie talkies.

I agree with Simon, Ban all phones. Aside from the afore mentioned reasons like disruption of work and glass brittle plastics auditing, you can always leverage the change pointing at confidentiality issues as well since all phones now days have cameras and such.

Good Luck.

Similar Discussion Topics
Developing a Workplace Safety Program Cell phones, tablets, and scanners oh my! BRC 9 clause 4.6.4, 4.6.6 - Static-mobile equipment How to deal with delayed audits? BRCGS Food Safety 4.6.6 Mobile Equipment Brainstorm How to deal with a potential new hire with a broken foot? How to deal with excessive steam from a dishwasher? Workplace Safety Incentive Program How would you rate the food safety culture in your workplace? How to deal with an Employee that does not practice the hygiene expected by GMPs