Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 317 posts
  • 46 thanks
Excellent

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 02 February 2023 - 11:06 AM

I have now come across this issue multiple times while dealing with suppliers in Africa and Asia: suppliers or auditing bodies only plan a recertification audit after the previous certificate has expired instead of doing so BEFORE the certificate expires in a reasonable re-audit window) so there is at least a decent chance of renewing the certificate on time.

How do you deal with it?

And why are auditing bodies not giving companies at least a minor for not scheduling their audits on time?

I've seen this on all types of certifications.

Andy_Yellows

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 201 posts
  • 37 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Football, Dr Pepper

Posted 02 February 2023 - 12:29 PM

Hi SHQ, I can only guess that re-certification is an issue for the supplier and their customers rather than for awarding bodies- they're only there to audit them.

If a customer is happy to continue to be supplied by a site with lapsed certification that's up to them, particularly if there is a long-standing relationship in place.

We have had odd certificates lapse between re-cert audits and submitting of corrective actions and most of our customer base have been happy to allow us the time it takes for the admin to be put in place.

On the Ball, City

SHQuality

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 317 posts
  • 46 thanks
Excellent

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 02 February 2023 - 12:36 PM

I can deal with delays caused by a wait for corrective actions to be submitted.

I'm specifically referring to instances where the entire audit itself is performed too late so it causes additional delays on top of the ones you mentioned.

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,532 posts
  • 1517 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 02 February 2023 - 04:49 PM

Companies must not be paying appropriately

If you let your certificate expire, it's supposed to be audited again as if it were for the first time, along with all the costs that come with that

Don't blame the CB or auditor ----this is on the supplier

Drop them (if you can)  it speaks volumes about how they really feel about food safety

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

SHQuality

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 317 posts
  • 46 thanks
Excellent

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 03 February 2023 - 07:09 AM

If you let your certificate expire, it's supposed to be audited again as if it were for the first time, along with all the costs that come with that

Don't blame the CB or auditor ----this is on the supplier

If a company should be audited as if it was the first time because they let their certificate expire, shouldn't the CB/auditor note that on the certificate or the audit report?

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users