What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to prove commitment towards clause 8.5.2 and 8.5.1?

Started by , Nov 20 2013 05:44 AM
8 Replies

what is the best Methodology to be defined in order to prove the commitement tward clause # 8.5.2 and 8.5.1 ??

Hygienic

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Could you pleae help to explain clause 3.4.1 in BRCGS Food Safety Standard Issue 8? ISO 22000:2018 - Clause 4.3 SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test?
[Ad]
What does it say in these clauses?

Don't quote me but off the top of my head - Continual improvement and updating FSM systems???

Commitment is shown through undertaking continual improvement activities like management review, internal audit, stated verification activities. This can be evidenced in an external audit with the corresponding records, reports, meeting minutes.

Am I on on the right track for what you were after hygienic?

Yes Mintor , your answer is  correct, I just wanted few information to complete my documentation perior Audit ,

then , as you are familier in ISO22k, let me jumb to another question in the same standard , in clause # 8 , 8.2 specificaly , what kind of evidence for validation of control measure ? and how to establish the change of management methodology?

Thanks for  sharing .

Hygienic

Yes Mintor , your answer is  correct, I just wanted few information to complete my documentation perior Audit ,

then , as you are familier in ISO22k, let me jumb to another question in the same standard , in clause # 8 , 8.2 specificaly , what kind of evidence for validation of control measure ? and how to establish the change of management methodology?

Thanks for  sharing .

Hygienic

Dear Hygienic,

Regarding validation, I suggest you obtain a copy of ISO 22004.

Rgds / Charles.C

The application of resources including human resources can also be used as evidence. No humans, no work...:)

George

Dear Hygienic,

Regarding validation, I suggest you obtain a copy of ISO 22004.

Rgds / Charles.C

Dear Charles;

I have seen and read 22004 , and please correct me if iam wrong this is  like guidance of how to use and understand the ISO22000 , I mean not a separate standard.

any way it has detailed about the validation methods , now it is understood , thanks alot

Hygienic

These sections relate to improvement
8.5.1 Continual improvement
Can be demonstrated.......... through the 'use of communication, management review, internal audit, evaluation of individual verification results, analysis of results of verification activities, validation of control measure combinations, corrective actions and food safety management system updating'.

8.5.2 Updating the food safety management system
Can be demonstrated.......... through ensuring 'that the food safety management system is continually updated.'
By....... 'the food safety team evaluating the food safety management system at planned intervals.'
Evaluation based on
'a) input from communication
b) input from other information concerning the suitability, adequacy and effectiveness of the food safety management system
c) output from the analysis of results of verification activities
d) output from management review
'

Regards,

Tony

Dear Charles;

I have seen and read 22004 , and please correct me if iam wrong this is  like guidance of how to use and understand the ISO22000 , I mean not a separate standard.

any way it has detailed about the validation methods , now it is understood , thanks alot

Hygienic

Dear hygienic,

Re- Correctness - Yes and No. :smile:

You can find an ISO comment somewhere stating something like " the requirements in ISO 22004 supercede ISO 22000" (where relevant, [my words]).

ISO 22004 was rushed out to take care of some (immediately) pointed out confusing elements of ISO 22000. In some instances the ambiguities still remain, some perhaps even more so. :smile:

IMHO, many organisations would hv issued an updated version of ISO 22000 years ago, as the inbuilt ISO review system allows. However at least their obstinacy  minimises purchase costs.

Rgds / Charles.C

Similar Discussion Topics
Could you pleae help to explain clause 3.4.1 in BRCGS Food Safety Standard Issue 8? ISO 22000:2018 - Clause 4.3 SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? How to evaluate expired inventory to prove they are good to use? Clause 8.5.1.2 - Characteristics of raw materials, ingredients and product contact materials FSSC 22000 Clause 2.5.1 - Management of Services and Purchased Materials BRCGS clause 3.5 Running a risk assessment to prove our company does not need ATP swabs