What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Roasting Tree Nuts - Changeovers

Started by , Jan 14 2014 10:26 PM
1 Reply

Hi-

I'm hoping there is someone out there that oil roasts various types of tree nuts.  We batch roast and continuous roast many types of tree nuts in oil.  My question is when we change from one type of tree nut to another type of tree nut (such as a pistachio to a cashew) do we need to change out the oil and perform a complete allergen changeover?  I have a feeling the answer is yes since ingredient statements must call out the actual type of tree nut contained in a product, but wanted to see how other companies handle their oil roasting changeovers.

Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Oil Roasting Validation Study Oil Roasting Peanuts and Tree Nuts Should I consider roasting as CCP? New low-risk site coffee roasting and co-packing - where do we start to achieve BRC? What risks and controls do you have defined in your coffee roasting facility?
[Ad]

Sounds like you answered your own question Sarah.

Any experts from the tree nut industry?

Similar Discussion Topics
Oil Roasting Validation Study Oil Roasting Peanuts and Tree Nuts Should I consider roasting as CCP? New low-risk site coffee roasting and co-packing - where do we start to achieve BRC? What risks and controls do you have defined in your coffee roasting facility? Is it mandatory that roasting of chickpeas must be CCP? Allergen Preventive Control in Coffee Roasting Microbiological Hazards in Green Coffee through to Roasting Building a Supply-Chain Program - Coffee Roasting & Packing Specialty Coffee Roasting HACCP/HARPC and FSVP