What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Identification and Measurement of CCP's in a Fast Food Restaurant?

Started by , Feb 26 2014 12:27 PM
6 Replies

Hi all,

Can some one tell me how to identify  the CCP's  in the QSR (quick service restaurant,fast food) and and how  can you measure it?

Regards

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Table for identification and assessment of risks and determination of control measures Risk zone identification as per BRC for ambient high care Hazard Analysis and identification of raw material and ingredients Salmonella testing for Candies and Marshmallow as per CFIA and FDA hazard identification Product Source identification
[Ad]

First:  Welcome to IFSQN Hani.

Next:

What kind of fast food?

The only things I can think of that could be a CCP without any information is time and temperature for cooking products that might have harmful pathogens in them like fresh hamburgers for example.

Dear Hani El Baba,

Restaurants, fast food restaurants, cafes, snackbars, etc. here usually work with approved hygiene code.

I do not know if you have anything like that in Lebanon.

Hi all,

Can some one tell me how to identify  the CCP's  in the QSR (quick service restaurant,fast food) and and how  can you measure it?

Regards

Dear Hani El Baba,

There is a kind of generic "group" approach to yr situation depending on the product / process. Assuming traditional haccp, the typical result is CCPs at 2-3 stages but it can depend on yr specific process / local legislation.

The first 2 sub-links on linked page below should give you an introduction  -

http://www.fda.gov/f.../ucm2006810.htm

The 5th one is also quite informative regarding generic SOP procedures.

A huge USDA produced  (from memory) compilation of CCPs for different restaurant menu items (actually for schools) based on above logic also exists and is available on this forum (somewhere).

Rgds / Charles.C

1 Thank

Thank you all,

What i meant in QSR (chain restaurant) is an open kitchen concept for instance SUBWAY,and what in mind that the 3 important areas are receiving, storage and cooking, since preparation have done in a prep. center outside the outlet, so can we identify it as CCP in that areas in HACCP program or OPRP if we apply ISO 22000.

Regards

Thank you all,

What i meant in QSR (chain restaurant) is an open kitchen concept for instance SUBWAY,and what in mind that the 3 important areas are receiving, storage and cooking, since preparation have done in a prep. center outside the outlet, so can we identify it as CCP in that areas in HACCP program or OPRP if we apply ISO 22000.

Regards

Hi Hani,

I think you need to let members know the type of products, is it just cold sandwich type or are you cooking & hot serving as well.

Regards,

Tony

Yes please let us know the exact type of products your looking at.  If your not actually cooking and you are reheating then obviously cook time/temperature is not appropriate.

I've never actually worked in fast food (unless Dunkin Doughnuts counts lol).

Similar Discussion Topics
Table for identification and assessment of risks and determination of control measures Risk zone identification as per BRC for ambient high care Hazard Analysis and identification of raw material and ingredients Salmonella testing for Candies and Marshmallow as per CFIA and FDA hazard identification Product Source identification Identification of organic ingredients Identification of food fraud vulnerabilities and control measures for all ingredients Mould Identification following out of spec test result ISO 22000 Clause 8.5.2 - Identification of the product in the process 2.6.1.1 Product Identification