• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 06 December 2023 - 02:07 PM

Hi everyone,

It's almost new year and Christmas. Happy festive season!

I'm hoping everyone is doing good. i wanted everyone to review my hazard analysis of ingredients.

Attaching the document with this post.

I would appreciate everyone's feedback. Thanking You.

Kind Regards,

Attached File  HAZARD ANALYSIS new - ingredients.docx   33.66KB   63 downloads

olenazh

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,364 posts
  • 439 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:My job, church, reading, gym, horror movies

Posted 06 December 2023 - 03:58 PM

1. I would remove "dirty containers" from FRESH FRUITS & VEGETABLES-PHYSICAL, instead to add pits, seeds, fibers, husk, etc. 

2. What "growing and collection processes" relate to ingredients other than fruits or vegetables?

3. What "potential contamination from pallets" if incoming ingredients come packed?

4. I think, you should be more specific about "dirty containers": for instance, spices are packed into bags/boxes, right? 

5. SPICES - you're not specifying what Allergens they contain (mustard?)

6. SEEDS, C-1 Presence of mycotoxin: preventive control measure - None? You're not reviewing COAs?

7. NUTS - "Proper Storage in controlled temperature (Freezer at -18 C & chilled at 4 C)" - you are not storing nuts under ambient temperatures, dry condition?

Thanked by 1 Member:

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,514 posts
  • 1515 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 06 December 2023 - 05:20 PM

Use this

It will tell you the ingredient and process hazards AND you will be able to tell CFIA what you used

https://active.inspe...arece.aspx?i=11

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 1 Member:

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 856 posts
  • 293 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 December 2023 - 05:28 PM

For the ingredients that i believe you are saying do not have a biological risk, you should still have a biological "box/line to prove that you did the risk assessment.   

I would indicate what the extraneous material is in the physical hazards.

I think more of the ingredients have a mycotoxin risk than are stated.  

Are you using 3 all three ccps to control pathogens?   that might need some more explanation.   Are you washing maple syrup, nuts, spices, etc?   

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 856 posts
  • 293 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 December 2023 - 05:29 PM

Use this

It will tell you the ingredient and process hazards AND you will be able to tell CFIA what you used

This

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

jfrey123

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 636 posts
  • 182 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 December 2023 - 05:51 PM

- Agree with Kingstudruler on the missing biological steps:  should still have boxes with "none identified" or something similar instead of leaving out the B, C, or P step.

- I feel like the "Preventative control applied" columns are inconsistent.  Example:  You state Yes under Nuts for Chemical with bolding of the allergen statements, but then under Sauces with the same bolding for allergen statements under Chemical you state no process control.  Another example under FRUITS: you're indicating yes for a preventative control, and bolding the 3 CCPs of your facility but don't do that for other ingredients.  I'd dare say if this is the HA for just ingredients, those CCP's are irrelevant at this stage and all answers should be no.

- Under many items, you're identifying various pathogen presences as a biological hazard, stating they are controlled by "Proper Storage in controlled temperature (Freezer at -18C & chilled at 4C)."  Do you have a justification documented somewhere how this is not elevated to a CCP?  I'm sure a risk matrix led you to that decision, so if it indeed does not need to be a CCP make sure you've got that documented somewhere.  Also make sure you've got a robust temperature monitoring log somewhere, as adding those hard limits under a PRP is something the auditors will want to review.

Thanked by 2 Members:

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,514 posts
  • 1515 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 06 December 2023 - 09:09 PM

I would also suggest you use the combined 8 form found at the end of the FSEP manual

Doing this in word is a nightmare when it comes to revisions

https://inspection.c...7674768_eng.pdf

or here

https://inspection.c...25869759693#a68

regs_safe_food_regulations_preventative_

Thanked by 1 Member:

Aartisharma98

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 11 December 2023 - 03:06 AM

1. I would remove "dirty containers" from FRESH FRUITS & VEGETABLES-PHYSICAL, instead to add pits, seeds, fibers, husk, etc. 

2. What "growing and collection processes" relate to ingredients other than fruits or vegetables?

3. What "potential contamination from pallets" if incoming ingredients come packed?

4. I think, you should be more specific about "dirty containers": for instance, spices are packed into bags/boxes, right? 

5. SPICES - you're not specifying what Allergens they contain (mustard?)

6. SEEDS, C-1 Presence of mycotoxin: preventive control measure - None? You're not reviewing COAs?

7. NUTS - "Proper Storage in controlled temperature (Freezer at -18 C & chilled at 4 C)" - you are not storing nuts under ambient temperatures, dry condition?

Use this

For the ingredients that i believe you are saying do not have a biological risk, you should still have a biological "box/line to prove that you did the risk assessment.   

I would indicate what the extraneous material is in the physical hazards.

I think more of the ingredients have a mycotoxin risk than are stated.  

Are you using 3 all three ccps to control pathogens?   that might need some more explanation.   Are you washing maple syrup, nuts, spices, etc?   

- Agree with Kingstudruler on the missing biological steps:  should still have boxes with "none identified" or something similar instead of leaving out the B, C, or P step.

- I feel like the "Preventative control applied" columns are inconsistent.  Example:  You state Yes under Nuts for Chemical with bolding of the allergen statements, but then under Sauces with the same bolding for allergen statements under Chemical you state no process control.  Another example under FRUITS: you're indicating yes for a preventative control, and bolding the 3 CCPs of your facility but don't do that for other ingredients.  I'd dare say if this is the HA for just ingredients, those CCP's are irrelevant at this stage and all answers should be no.

- Under many items, you're identifying various pathogen presences as a biological hazard, stating they are controlled by "Proper Storage in controlled temperature (Freezer at -18C & chilled at 4C)."  Do you have a justification documented somewhere how this is not elevated to a CCP?  I'm sure a risk matrix led you to that decision, so if it indeed does not need to be a CCP make sure you've got that documented somewhere.  Also make sure you've got a robust temperature monitoring log somewhere, as adding those hard limits under a PRP is something the auditors will want to review.

Hey everyone,

i made a new file would yall review this as wellAttached File  hazard analysis ingredients (1).xlsx   18.39KB   29 downloads

mesut azeri

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 18 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Iran
    Iran

Posted 11 December 2023 - 07:12 AM

Hey everyone,

i made a new file would yall review this as wellattachicon.gif hazard analysis ingredients (1).xlsx

Dear friend, define the identified risks according to ISO 22000 assessment and control measures according to the document sent below.

Attached Files

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,514 posts
  • 1515 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 11 December 2023 - 02:26 PM

What I don't understand is why you've pulled out just the ingredients?  The hazard analysis in only properly done when the ENTIRE process from receiving to shipping and all points in between are done in conjunction

Without seeing a complete combined 8 (HA)  unable to comment further

Except for 1 thing---you failed to mention fraud for the balsamic and it's often faked for profit

Aartisharma98

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 11 December 2023 - 02:33 PM

What I don't understand is why you've pulled out just the ingredients?  The hazard analysis in only properly done when the ENTIRE process from receiving to shipping and all points in between are done in conjunction

Without seeing a complete combined 8 (HA)  unable to comment further

Except for 1 thing---you failed to mention fraud for the balsamic and it's often faked for profit

the auditor pointed out that we were missing hazard analysis for ingredients. rest of the things are okay, satisfactory

Attached File  form 8.docx   16.59KB   25 downloads

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users