What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Components, Qualifications of a Quality Manual

Started by , Feb 17 2015 06:12 PM
5 Replies

Hi All,

Is the person responsible for writing all policies, procedures, plans, etc. for the Company's Quality Management System for the BRC Packaging and Packaging Materials Standard required to have some sort of certification or license in anything?

I guess in simpler terms, can anybody off the streets write a Quality Manual, provided they are competent enough to teach themselves?

Thank you,

T

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Non-product-contact packaging components - CofC or GMP required? Components Risk Assessment Format Cleaning Metal Components Expected Documentation for Food Contact Packaging Components Received Can daily value of components be more than macro ingredient
[Ad]

I am not an expert on BRC, but don't think a certification is required.  That being said more than a few of the best have taught themselves.  Hopefully someone better versed in BRC will respond to confirm or correct what I said. 

1 Thank

To answer your question, you don't need to be licenced or certificated ( but it helps, me, I'm borderline mad but I prefer to be called eccentric!) 

So theoretically you could come off the street and write it all!! 

So good luck, we're here to help! 

Caz x

1 Thank

Yes and I did and am now doing it again......

1 Thank

No, BRC does not require the individual be certified such as STDs like SQF.  They do like to make sure the individuals involved in say HACCP or food safety programs are knowledgable enough to oversee or contribute in whatever they are involved in.  Generally you can prove this out through years of experience and training you may have gotten along the way.  Hopefully that hopes and let me know if you have an other BRC questions as I have been certified in several version of the STD include the current and most recent one.

-Amber

1 Thank

Dear TNA,

If yr query were true, I think there is little doubt that "All-in" Packages would be on global offer, left, right and centre. :smile:

You may well have unintentionally triggered a flock of dollar light bulbs, dimmed since the Practitioner.

Certified by GFSI perhaps  ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Similar Discussion Topics
Non-product-contact packaging components - CofC or GMP required? Components Risk Assessment Format Cleaning Metal Components Expected Documentation for Food Contact Packaging Components Received Can daily value of components be more than macro ingredient Harmful components that produced from sealing Poly ethylene bags Metal detection of metal packaging and components in finished product?