• Quick Navigation
Photo

Non-product-contact packaging components - CofC or GMP required?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

matthewcc

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 152 posts
  • 19 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 November 2023 - 11:58 PM

Hello, I am not sure if this is on the right forum, but for a non-product-contact packaging component, e.g., a bottle neck seal, would a supplier need to have a GMP program in place, and would they need to provide certificates of compliance for their products?  This is for a dietary supplement in the United States.

Thank you,

Matthew

FirstQualityConsulting

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 30 November 2023 - 05:38 PM

Without knowing the exact nature of the bottle-neck seal and how it impacts the product, I would error on the side of caution and say "Yes" all suppliers of primary and secondary packaging should have a GMP program and/or a COC.  Otherwise you will not know if the seal poses a contamination risk.  If these suppliers do not have a GMP program or cannot provide a suitable COC, then at minimum a risk assessment and justification as to why there is no risk must be performed.  But even then, I would find another supplier.

steliosa

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Greece
    Greece

Posted 04 December 2023 - 06:54 AM

hello, i agree a GMP is needed. But concerning CoC, you must ask for compliance for a specific regulation. In this case, which could be this regulation? i Doupt it exists. So it becomes a grey area.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users