What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Hand Wash Poster

Started by , Feb 28 2015 01:57 AM
10 Replies
Hi all, anyone of you have hand wash poster which including Applying sanitser step?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
OPRP Hand Washing Procedure Hand Wash Water Temperatures GMP Hand Swabs Converting Hand Wash Sinks to Hands Free Supplier reducing sodium in product - still have old packaging film on hand
[Ad]

It is very difficult to find posters that include both washing and sanitising, considering the difference between both steps. Nursing websites are normally the best source for info - naturally hand hygiene is very important in this area. I use this image - I find it very effective with staff when pointing out their poor hand washing techniques.

http://www.aivl.org....Washing-Map.pdf

I find staff are genuinely embarrassed when you point out that they have not washed areas such as the thumbs and fingertips. Even amongst the nursing community, staff are guilty of missing these areas. 

Hi all, anyone of you have hand wash poster which including Applying sanitser step?

Hi Carine,

Your best bet would be to get this from your chemical supplier.

"applying sanitiser step" can be interpreted in various ways, eg one step or 2 step; same equipment / different.

Some hand detergents are combined products (eg with triclosan) although the actual effectiveness of sanitising component is debated. Good for the auditor though. :smile:

http://en.wikipedia..../Hand_sanitizer

@shea quay, Interesting map, validation ?

This WHO (presumed) procedure appears fairly well matched to the requirements of the picture -

WHO - handwashing.doc   340KB   135 downloads

(step 6 is, for me, difficult to visualize, awkward to perform and seems anyway somewhat superfluous [WHO may disagree of course].)

(A clearer visualization for step 6 from another procedure is shown below  –

monkey grip.doc   28KB   103 downloads

Rgds / Charles.C

PS - In case anyone doesn't know (like me) "dorsum" means -

the back of the hand; surface of (same) hand opposite the palm.

1 Thank

Hi Carine,

Plenty of them available. Refer attached.

Attached Files

Hi Carine,

Plenty of them available. Refer attached.

Dear zue-rais,

I'm not sure whether carine can read Malaysian language. Let's hope so. :smile:

An English version would be nice also ??

Rgds / Charles.C

It is better to get the information from your chemical supplier.

It is better to get the information from your chemical supplier.

Post #3 ??

Rgds / Charles.C

Check out the AIB web site.  They have tons of great (free) Food Safety posters. 

Thanks everyone input, i'm really appreciate it.

Here is a graphic that includes both hand washing and sanitizer application. It is in English language only.

Regards,

Xylough

Attached Files

Similar Discussion Topics
OPRP Hand Washing Procedure Hand Wash Water Temperatures GMP Hand Swabs Converting Hand Wash Sinks to Hands Free Supplier reducing sodium in product - still have old packaging film on hand Hand Soap for Organic food production facility Hand Soap Refill Methods Hand Swabs of Food Handlers as verification of hand hygiene Hand Degreaser Soap Is Unscented Hand Moisturizer Allowed Underneath Gloves?