What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Moving across the globe

Started by , May 05 2015 09:10 PM
1 Reply

I need some advice.

I'm currently in New Zealand and have all my qualifications and work experience here.

Due to recent relationship developments, I intend to move to England but I have a couple of dilemmas.

Firstly, I'm trying to work out what all my various certificates/achievements in quality assurance and food safety might be equivalent to in England.  Are there any national standards with descriptions that I can have a look at?

Also, would it be beneficial to do a short online UK course in something food safety related?

If you were going to employ me, what would you be looking for in my CV?

Secondly, to get a work visa, I need to have a job offer from a company in the Tier 2 sponsorship program (also a company which doesn't mind an indeterminate starting date as I have to apply for the visa from over here AFTER i get a job offer).  Has anyone dealt with this before?  Does anyone know of companies in the Buckinghamshire area (preferable Milton Keynes) which would be good to approach with my CV?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lisa

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
New BRC Ver 9 - Moving Stationary Equipment Certification audit timing when moving to a new factory? Moving to a different country in a food safety role Changing procedure when moving from low risk to high risk, high care Moving from IFS to FSSC22000
[Ad]

Hi Lisa,

Sorry to here about your personal circumstances.

Some Food Manufacturers Buckinghamshire here

Food Manufacture Jobs website is quite a good place to look  - Food Jobs Buckinghamshire

With regards to qualifications you might find my blog The Prerequisite Qualities of a Food Safety Leader useful.

Regards,

Tony

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
New BRC Ver 9 - Moving Stationary Equipment Certification audit timing when moving to a new factory? Moving to a different country in a food safety role Changing procedure when moving from low risk to high risk, high care Moving from IFS to FSSC22000 Mold remediation and temporary moving processing areas Seriously considering moving over to cannabis compliance Challenges moving from BRC to SQF Moving pest control in-house How to clean tools and equipment when moving from soybean oil to palm oil?