What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Protecting Exterior Rodent Bait Stations

Started by , May 18 2015 02:17 PM
5 Replies

I'm looking for something to protect exterior rodent bait stations. There is parking on the side of our building and they keep getting run over. I've heard that you can cut a tire rim in half and use that, but we don't have the means to cut a rim. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? Thank you! 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food Defense: Reliably protecting raw materials and food from contamination, manipulation or sabotage during transport Solutions for protecting area of ​​technical maintenance works in a food production hall? Protecting Your Workforce - Coronavirus workplace practices Protecting less than truck load shipments from contamination Glass Policy - Protecting from Glass Breakage
[Ad]

Perhaps a line of posts along your wall, so cars cannot park so close?  Or the black barries on this website.

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT associated with this contractor, it was the first Google image I found. :bye:

http://www.advancedp...inemarking.html

I would think a "BAIT STATION LOCATED HERE.  YOU BREAK IT, YOU BUY IT" sign over each trap might work....And signs inside reiterating the "You break it, you buy it" line, with the cost of each trap listed.  I've seen the list used in facilities with the cost of everything from hairnets, gloves, finished product boxes, shipping boxes and plastic wrap, to drive home the fact not to waste the company's money.

Thank you for your ideas. 

It sounds like you need to designate a "safe zone" around the perimeter of your building so that people are not allowed to park there. Not only to save your bait stations but to make it possible to inspect and service them when you need to. It is hard to do when a car is parked right on top of them. :-)

Msadria,  We have metal bait stations that are drilled to and exterior wall.  We had concerns that the public would take/break/vandal the stations so this was our alternative to the standard plastic ones.  The Pest controllers claim that the rodents will climb/jump into the station to get the bait. They are fixed to the wall with approx 2.5cm or 1inch off the ground.   They are made of metal and are painted to protect them from the weather.  The brand from memory was Taipan.  So unless your drivers actually run into the wall, the station should be (in theory) protected!  Hope this helps.

Similar Discussion Topics
Food Defense: Reliably protecting raw materials and food from contamination, manipulation or sabotage during transport Solutions for protecting area of ​​technical maintenance works in a food production hall? Protecting Your Workforce - Coronavirus workplace practices Protecting less than truck load shipments from contamination Glass Policy - Protecting from Glass Breakage Printing, Packaging, and Protecting Food Printing, Packaging and Protecting Food Product Packaging 5.4.3 - Protecting Part Used Packaging Protecting the Food Supply