What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Corrective Actions and Preventive Measures, What's the Difference?

Started by , Jul 08 2015 05:50 PM
2 Replies

Hello all,

I'm in need for you to share all your knowledge. I'm having a very hard time training some employees and management personnel on the difference between a Corrective Action and a Preventive measure for a HACCP Deviation.  They don't seam to understand my explanation. I would really appreciate any ideas.

This is how my form describes it.

Deviation/What Happened?:Describe the cause of the deviation and how it was eliminated)

Immediate Corrective Action: (Describe what was done  to correct the issue  and if the CCP is back under control and Sanitary conditions restored)                          Product Disposition: (Describe what happened to the affected Product)

Preventive Measures: (Describe what are  you going to do to prevent a reoccurrence)

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Open Corrective Actions since 2023 Missed Quarterly Environmental Testing - Corrective Action? SQF 2.5.1.1 - How do I validate waste management for Corrective action? Difference between correction, corrective action and preventive action? Verification of Corrective and Preventative action efficacy
[Ad]

Correction: repair, rework, or adjustment and relates to the
disposition of an existing nonconformity.

• Corrective Action: the action taken to eliminate the causes
of an existing nonconformity, defect or other undesirable
situation in order to prevent recurrence.

• Preventive Action: action taken to eliminate the cause of a
potential nonconformity, defect, or other undesirable
situation in order to prevent occurrence.

• Nonconformity: non-fulfillment of a specified requirement.

Hope this helps. One is existing, one is potentially an issue.

2 Thanks

Hi maara,

Some more opinions -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ion/#entry45916

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Open Corrective Actions since 2023 Missed Quarterly Environmental Testing - Corrective Action? SQF 2.5.1.1 - How do I validate waste management for Corrective action? Difference between correction, corrective action and preventive action? Verification of Corrective and Preventative action efficacy SQF Backflow Corrective Actions Correction or corrective action in EMP Corrective and Preventive Action for lack of records caused by Absence of a Quality Manager SQF 2.5.3.1 - Corrective actions and root cause Can someone assist with the corrective actions