What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Continuous improvement for SQF certification?

Started by , Aug 26 2015 08:26 PM
4 Replies

I think I might be reaching too far but here it goes:

Can we include steps we've taken to become compliant (either regulatorily {<= new word!} or with the standard) as continuous improvement or does our continuous improvement not "count" until after our programs are in place and running?

Thank you!

~Emily~

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices Continuous Improvement Continuous manufacturing for dairy powder manufacturer Career development and continuous education in food safety and quality Continuous Quality Improvement of Quality and Food Safety Culture
[Ad]

Include them. it shows a base starting point to what you have achieved. The auditors that i have dealt with in the past love seeing continual improvement from day one. Does it "count"? Give or take. It is my opinion that it certainly puts you in a better light in the auditors mind.

1 Thank

Thanks, brianweber. I was of the same thought: if we're putting in the work it's worth documenting to show we're striving to move forward and improve.

Unfortunately, others' here feel that type of documentation is a waste of time; I take notes at every meeting anyway so I'll just keep documenting and organizing. If an auditor isn't impressed, no harm, no foul; if they are then I'll ask for a bonus.  :roflmao:

Include everything and if you used the services of an SQF Registered Consultant that should be on the list as well.

2 Thanks

Thank you, Brian and GOC. I'm taking your advice and am documenting all the "honey do's" I'm asking of other departments. 

Thanks a bunch - Happy Friday Eve!

Similar Discussion Topics
Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices Continuous Improvement Continuous manufacturing for dairy powder manufacturer Career development and continuous education in food safety and quality Continuous Quality Improvement of Quality and Food Safety Culture Continuous Process Flow corrective actions suggestions Continuous Monitoring Temperature of freezer and coolers 3PL Need help with Corrective Action and Continuous Improvement Program Lot numbers in bulk and/or continuous systems Lot Code for continuous process