What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Conveyor belts cleaning using Isopropyl Alcohol?.

Started by , Aug 26 2015 11:48 PM
3 Replies

Hi everyone, 

I have a question, It can be cleaned the conveyor belts (made of Polyprolylene) with isopropyl alcohol? or It prohibited the use of alcohol for cleaning conveyor belts?.

The belts are use for transport plastic product that will be in touch with food.

(Food packaging material).

thank you and best regards.

Roberto.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Metal detector conveyor stopped working Will bacteria grow on a modular conveyor? Cover for conveyor motor and bearing in production area Cleaning and Sanitizing of polyurethane conveyor belts Tote Dumping live raw crabs onto a conveyor belt
[Ad]

Hi Roberto,

I would be asking the conveyor manufacturer for recommended cleaning methods and chemicals.

Regards,

Tony

Roberto,

I agree with Tony.

Depending on the type (strength) of the alcohol, you may cause your belting to harden and fail prematurely.

Marshall

I agree with the gentlemen above. Get with the manufacturer and clean according to their recommendations. 

How do you test to ensure the alcohol has done it's job?

Similar Discussion Topics
Metal detector conveyor stopped working Will bacteria grow on a modular conveyor? Cover for conveyor motor and bearing in production area Cleaning and Sanitizing of polyurethane conveyor belts Tote Dumping live raw crabs onto a conveyor belt How to eliminate conveyor belt static? Conveyor Belt Volume Calculation Is there an USDA, FDA or SQF code that says how close a food transportation conveyor belt can be to the ground? Best material for spray nozzle array to wash down a cup conveyor belt Using magnets with conveyor belts