What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Direct Food Contact Labels/Sanitation

Started by , Sep 30 2015 06:12 PM
1 Reply

I work for a company that produces labels that are applied directly to fruits and vegetables.  My understanding is that SQF considers them a food.  Does this mean that I must employ the same sanitation procedures as in my other food manufacturing areas....hair nets, beard nets for employees, regular cleaning of presses, food grade lubricants, ect?  Any guidance would be appreciated.  Thanks! 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Are there antibacterial and washable gloves that can be used as a direct contact with food? Direct Observations - Weekly Item Direct vs. Indirect Heat for Drying Systems Allergen Legislation of Pre-Packed for Direct Sale (PPDS) Permanent Food Grade Marker for direct food contact surface?
[Ad]

Hygiene is the main point for production plant. as normally your buyer always ask for the certificate of food grade from the packaging supplier as you. the food must be safety, but if the packaging (which contact directly with the food) is poor in quality and food safety, how can. so everything that we apply at the food plant is the same as your processing plant such as personal hygiene, hair net, glove, mask, washing hand.... etc.

Similar Discussion Topics
Are there antibacterial and washable gloves that can be used as a direct contact with food? Direct Observations - Weekly Item Direct vs. Indirect Heat for Drying Systems Allergen Legislation of Pre-Packed for Direct Sale (PPDS) Permanent Food Grade Marker for direct food contact surface? Using Compressed air on direct food contact packaging How to maintain traceability with direct to consumer sales? Example HACCP Plan for a Direct Food Contact Packaging Manufacturer Do we need a specification sheet for non-direct contact boxes? Direct Observation Requirements for CCP and CPs?