What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Daily Hygiene Audit

Started by , Mar 14 2016 09:28 AM
5 Replies

Hi All,

I am working in a small company (<10 full-time employees and few part-time seasonal workers) and every day I complete daily hygiene audit, which sometimes feels like a waste of time and paper, since there are some days that we don't even have production. This document was created according to pre-requisites and I thought this way I could show compliance with all the regulations. 

Quick question- should small companies also have daily hygiene audit or there is another way how to assure compliance?

Thank you!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Calculating percent (%) DV (daily value) for protein? Do I need to add Touch Screen Pens to the daily metal checks? How do you collect daily critical production data to ensure food safety and quality? Daily verification of calibrated pressure gauges Do scales specifically designated for shipping need to be checked daily?
[Ad]

Hi All,

I am working in a small company (<10 full-time employees and few part-time seasonal workers) and every day I complete daily hygiene audit, which sometimes feels like a waste of time and paper, since there are some days that we don't even have production. This document was created according to pre-requisites and I thought this way I could show compliance with all the regulations. 

Quick question- should small companies also have daily hygiene audit or there is another way how to assure compliance?

Thank you!

Hi Inverse,

The answer might relate somewhat to the Product / Process, etc. and what happens if zero "Production" ?, eg no maintenance, cleaning operations, Regulatory Requirements ?

IMEX, Hygiene = function (Process + Environment + People + Services +++)

compliance with all the regulations

So what are "all the regulations" ?

Hi Charles,

So it means that if there's no production, I don't actually need to fill in daily audit form? Because there's no process or people in production.. But I guess I should still audit the environment (pest control, glass&hard plastic, etc?). I just decided to continue filling in the forms just in case but I wasn't entirely sure if I need to..

I meant compliance with GMP and pre-requisites. 

Thanks!

Hi Charles,

So it means that if there's no production, I don't actually need to fill in daily audit form? Because there's no process or people in production.. But I guess I should still audit the environment (pest control, glass&hard plastic, etc?). I just decided to continue filling in the forms just in case but I wasn't entirely sure if I need to..

I meant compliance with GMP and pre-requisites. 

Thanks!

The (minimum) monitoring / documentation requirements are likely defined by a question like -

who is going to audit the system, ie FSMS Standard =  ? BRC ? Only EHO ?

Without knowing the type of product or what auditing bodies you are dealing with, you can handle this a combination of two ways, which should make life a lot easier on you.

Maintaining an up-to-date schedule that lists non-production days will give easy reference as to why some documents on some days may be missing/incomplete. I'm at a medium sized plant right now. We manage this with weekly emails with the schedule. This gets updated and re-distributed as needed. Combine that with comments of "N/A - No production" on the paperwork/ audit documentation in question and/or the paperwork review (I've done it both ways, and really prefer doing it on a comprehensive document for paperwork review). 

Just some ideas! 

1 Thank

Our main auditing bodies are: SALSA (Safe and Local Supplier Approval) and EHO, so we follow their requirements (which are not as strict as BRC). 

Thank you both! I will make some adjustments which would also help to identify days without production.

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Calculating percent (%) DV (daily value) for protein? Do I need to add Touch Screen Pens to the daily metal checks? How do you collect daily critical production data to ensure food safety and quality? Daily verification of calibrated pressure gauges Do scales specifically designated for shipping need to be checked daily? Do we need to document daily sanitary checks? Daily Quality Topics for Production - Need Ideas Please! Knife and Blade Procedure. Maintenance daily lookover? What common daily operation checklists do you use? Can daily value of components be more than macro ingredient