What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Terms and Definitions of Food Safety Standards

Started by , Jun 09 2016 04:07 AM
3 Replies

Hi all,

Do you know any manual or references where I could see the official definition of terms mentioned in any Food safety Standards?

Thanks,

Joan

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Are all biological hazards considered castatrophic in terms of severity? What are the terms GMP and cGMP? Please explain a 6.5 log10 reduction in Salmonella in laymans terms? Industry standards for the meat/poultry industry in terms of particle size limits in metal detection? How is garlic typically treated (in terms of a kill step) when it's in a powder form?
[Ad]

Hi all,

Do you know any manual or references where I could see the official definition of terms mentioned in any Food safety Standards?

Thanks,

Joan

Hi Joan,

I think the problem is that there are often many different "Official" definitions.

Do you know any reference of those official definitions? Anything will do.

Thanks.

Hi Joan,

Just as an example, BRC for their HACCP definitions cite Codex.

The "official" reference is logically to the most recent version of the Codex Hygiene publication which afaik is 2009. I expect you are familiar with that already.

SQF similarly cite Codex (and NACMCF) but from memory still reference the 2003 Codex version ('or latest version" perhaps). Their updating system is slow.

NACMCF afaik only has one (final) published version, ca 1997.

However the haccp definitions in "Codex Hygiene" 2009, 2003, 1997 are from memory near identical. Possibly even 100% identical.

Is that what you wanted ?

Similar Discussion Topics
Are all biological hazards considered castatrophic in terms of severity? What are the terms GMP and cGMP? Please explain a 6.5 log10 reduction in Salmonella in laymans terms? Industry standards for the meat/poultry industry in terms of particle size limits in metal detection? How is garlic typically treated (in terms of a kill step) when it's in a powder form? How to understand Seafood HACCP system in simple terms? Terms and Conditions for outworkers in terms of confidentiality Confused with verification terms in ISO 22000 Meaning of the terms Change Control and Document Control? Help with Terms/Definitions