What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Policies and regulations pertaining to a vending machine company?

Started by , Jun 09 2016 02:27 PM
6 Replies

Are there any food safety policies and regulations pertaining to a vending machine company?  The company I work for deals with a very large amount of vending machines and also has a handful of avanti markets.  I am unable to find anything under the USDA and can only find the labeling rule under FDA. 

Would vending fall under all the same rules as a food distributer to convenience stores?  Would it make since if I just considered a vending machine to be a convenience store? 

It would be helpful if FDA had laws specifically for vending companies.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Employee handbook and policies Reviewing and Updating Policies Food Security Policies and Procedures SQF Policies and Templates If there are no changes in SOPs and Policies, do we need to update the review date if it is more than three years?
[Ad]

I would look at a state level and see what they require. What state are you in?

I would look at a state level and see what they require. What state are you in?

Maine.  I did look into it and they only explain things about the machine.  So i am assuming that we need to follow all food safety laws as it would pertain to a final packaging convenience store distributer.

Do a google search for 10-144 CMR Chapter 201

Or go here and click on the PDF link.

Or go here and click on the PDF link.

Yes, I read through that.  Seems to be all there is as of now.  Thanks for the help.

You're welcome. Ya, seems like Maine is fairly vague on it. I read California's just out of curiosity..... Wow. Don't move there!

Similar Discussion Topics
Employee handbook and policies Reviewing and Updating Policies Food Security Policies and Procedures SQF Policies and Templates If there are no changes in SOPs and Policies, do we need to update the review date if it is more than three years? SQF Food Safety Manual Annual Review of Policies and Procedures Do names on policies and procedures need updating when change of quality manager? SQF 9.0 Food Packaging - summary of our food safety policies Visitor and contractor policies Clarifying Conflicting Allergen Policies