What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

6.2.1, how to manage the use of perfume or aftershave BRC/IOP?

Started by , Jan 02 2017 05:35 PM
5 Replies

Hello everyone,

I need your help please.

In the clause 6.2.1 of the BRC/IOP there is a requirement related to the perfume or aftershave, and i don't know how to manage this point. We have to say to all the staff the perfume is forbidden? or they have to use it in a few quantity?

thank you for your answer

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How do you manage your food safety management system? Coliform limits in Ice cream products-how to manage incoming nuts with higher limits How to manage rodents in food facilities How to manage rodents in food facilities How to manage rodents in food facilities
[Ad]

To ensure that you will be compliant with the standard and there will be no further questions from the auditor, make a policy that prohibit the used of perfume or aftershave inside of all production areas.

Limit perfume user to offices and non-product areas.

These will make your work easier and does not require additional control measures to monitor the use of perfume or aftershave .

1 Thank

I agree with Lelouch_rayne. The clause phrase has changed from " no heavy perfume" to "no perfume". The auditor was quite pedantic about that. NO perfume/aftershave in production and storage areas.

That's interesting the comparable BRC food clause is:

excessive perfume or aftershave shall not be worn.

I wonder why the packaging standard is different?  In any case, just put it into your induction "no perfume or aftershave" explaining why (taint risk) and also do a brief to existing members of staff then any found wearing it after some kind of bedding in / reminding people period should lead to some kind of verbal warning etc. It's just like compliance on anything else.

I just ban it outright in production areas, and in non-production areas it must be worn minimally. Not only is it a food quality issue, but some people also have sensitivities to perfume so it is also a worker safety issue.

Our entire facility is fragrance free....the training does stipulate that it does not include, shampoo/body wash etc

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
How do you manage your food safety management system? Coliform limits in Ice cream products-how to manage incoming nuts with higher limits How to manage rodents in food facilities How to manage rodents in food facilities How to manage rodents in food facilities How to manage HACCP and certification with off-site raw materials storage? HACCP - highest severity but low frequency, how to manage? Documents for E-commerce - how to manage? How to manage a 3rd Party Sanitation Team? How do you manage inks that have passed their recommended shelf-life?