What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Canning Quality Assurance - Pressure Testing

Started by , Feb 05 2017 12:04 PM
1 Reply

Dear Members,

I am working in QA for  canned milk products company. Products are sterilized. 

Cans are metal cans coated with food grade laquor .

Seaming is an important step in our process. It considered as CCP. 

I need some information about pressure test for the integrity of the can. WE are doing tear down analysis here. But I need the information about pressure test only. If some body have any picture of the instrument please reply me.

Your valuable support will be appreciable  

Thanks 

Deepa 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Baking in ovens and thermal canning USA FDA Requirements for Food Canning Establishments - Separate SID for Each Fat Version or Single ID for All 400ml Coconut Milk Products? Looking for a recommendation on a canning line for a hot filled acidified beverage Commercial Canning Expert Need help setting up a Canning process
[Ad]

Hi Deepa

I used to work in the can industry, and we used to pressure test cans to busting, but I can't remember the limits. It is a dangerous exercise and needs proper equipment to do the test. It's best to ask your can supplier to verify the strength of the can. I don't think that it was a test that our customers ever performed.

In theory as long as the seam overlap is in the required amount and the seam dimensions are within tolerance the cans should be ok.

You may be able to do low pressure testing on empty cans to verify the seam integrities.

Similar Discussion Topics
Baking in ovens and thermal canning USA FDA Requirements for Food Canning Establishments - Separate SID for Each Fat Version or Single ID for All 400ml Coconut Milk Products? Looking for a recommendation on a canning line for a hot filled acidified beverage Commercial Canning Expert Need help setting up a Canning process Can anybody provide me with some material/books regarding whole process of commercial canning? Is it Ok to have glass bottling and canning lines in the same area? Acceptable limits for equipment swab in sardine canning? Home canning using plastic containers ISO 22000 for Canning Industry