What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Why doesn't ISO implement the FSSC22000 scheme?

Started by , Apr 01 2017 12:04 AM
5 Replies

Hi dear colleagues

I'm implementing FSSC22000 in small cheese processing plant/distribution centre. I was just wondering why ISO doesn't implement the FSSC22000 scheme and make it an GFSI certified scheme. Isn't it just much easier to make ISO22000 + 220002-x + the FSSC rules in one big new ISO 22000 wich is GFSI certified? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 FSSC publishes Version 6 of the FSSC 22000 scheme Fssc22000 v5.1 Audits How complex is it to switch from FSSC22000 to SQF? Where can I go to validate a manufacturer is IFS or FSSC22000 certified?
[Ad]

(>=) Two standards = More profit than one.

2 Thanks

Hi dear colleagues

I'm implementing FSSC22000 in small cheese processing plant/distribution centre. I was just wondering why ISO doesn't implement the FSSC22000 scheme and make it an GFSI certified scheme. Isn't it just much easier to make ISO22000 + 220002-x + the FSSC rules in one big new ISO 22000 wich is GFSI certified? 

FSSC22000 is already a recognized GFSI scheme

FSSC22000 is indeed. ISO 22000 isn't. Was just wondering why ISO didn't make a GFSI recognised scheme.

I always wondered that myself. My guess is ISO intends to be as generic as possible in order to be applicable to all plants regardless of its capacity. In that sense more requirements will make it more specific so less companies will join the ISO program (meaning less income). 

I always wondered that myself. My guess is ISO intends to be as generic as possible in order to be applicable to all plants regardless of its capacity. In that sense more requirements will make it more specific so less companies will join the ISO program (meaning less income). 

Hi Caglar,

Yes, and expanding slightly -

But ISO 22000 alone doesn’t meet the GFSI benchmarking requirements, for 2 major reasons:

1. The choice of the applicable PRPs is open for the certified company,
  2. There is no scheme owner behind ISO 22000 certification, to control that certification bodies operate according to GFSI compliant procedure.

http://ask-bioexpert...e-supply-chain/

Similar Discussion Topics
Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 FSSC publishes Version 6 of the FSSC 22000 scheme Fssc22000 v5.1 Audits How complex is it to switch from FSSC22000 to SQF? Where can I go to validate a manufacturer is IFS or FSSC22000 certified? Still deciding which GFSI scheme to use BRC SQF OR FSSC22000 Deviation and Corrective Action numbering scheme GFSI Scheme closest to YUM Packaging Audit and easiest scheme to Pass Moving from IFS to FSSC22000