Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 21 June 2022 - 04:44 PM

Hello everyone!  I am looking for some suggestions/guidance on how to go about setting up a numbering system for my Corrective Action Requests/Reports as part of our SQF edition 9 program.   We have just recently completed an alignment to the SQF code for all our program documentation.  And electronic filing.  C.A.R.'s in past seem to be all over the place with respect to how they have been classified and filed as records.

Any suggestions and experiences are appreciated.

Thank you.

Cheers, Kevin

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 21 June 2022 - 04:47 PM

i have a generic form without a number, I use the same form year/year

This years started as 22000, 22001, 22002 etc

No one classifies them but me

I put them into 1 of 4 categories

Mechanical

Human Error 
Date Code

Packaging

Then I can report month/month as a measurable KPI by deviation type

We are SQF--auditor liked this (different from previous audit)

Edited by Scampi, 21 June 2022 - 04:48 PM.

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 1 Member:

Mulan1010

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 249 posts
  • 139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 June 2022 - 08:46 PM

Keep it as simple as you can for yourself. 

We track CARs by date and category.  We categorize by HACCP, SSOP, GMP's, CP's and Internal Audits and then there are sub categories within each of those.   We input the basics of the CAR into a log in Excel for tracking, get the form started and e-mail it to the supervisor responsible for getting the non-compliance / deviation addressed.  We have a formula in the log to generate the date the CAR should be turned in and conditionally format that cell so it highlights if it is not turned in on time.  I also use the notification function in my e-mail to send me a reminder about the e-mail sent so, if needed, I can notify or call the Supervisor and send an e-mail reminder on the last day due.  Once the CAR is turned in and verified then we input the Investigation and Preventive Measures into the Excel log so it is easy to review them for trends and effectiveness.  The log is on a shared file so that more than one person has access and can follow up as needed.  

Thanked by 2 Members:

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 22 June 2022 - 04:10 AM

Hi Kevin,

As per Scampi, I also number by year, reseting at zero at the start of a new year. I categorise by food safety management system area or operation. An example below:

Attached File  Example Corrective Action Request Completed Page 1 of 2.jpg   204.89KB   1 downloads

Kind regards,

Tony

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 22 June 2022 - 08:27 PM

i have a generic form without a number, I use the same form year/year

This years started as 22000, 22001, 22002 etc

No one classifies them but me

I put them into 1 of 4 categories

Mechanical

Human Error 
Date Code

Packaging

Then I can report month/month as a measurable KPI by deviation type

We are SQF--auditor liked this (different from previous audit)

Hi Scampi,

Does "Mechanical"  mean "Equipment-related" ?

I would have thought "Sanitation" sucks in a decent number of complaints but perhaps insufficiently specific.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

hello.fizz

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 73 posts
  • 10 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 23 June 2022 - 01:42 AM

We have a log for customer complaints, internal non conformances and supplier non conformances. Each has a different tab on the spreadsheet and have different numbering (NCRxxx, ICxxx, SNxxx). We use the same corrective action form for all.

Angus86

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 58 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 19 August 2022 - 03:30 PM

We have a log for customer complaints, internal non conformances and supplier non conformances. Each has a different tab on the spreadsheet and have different numbering (NCRxxx, ICxxx, SNxxx). We use the same corrective action form for all.

Would you be willing to share a basic rundown of the format of your report? I feel like I'm making it too difficult on myself. Thanks! 

hello.fizz

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 73 posts
  • 10 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 01 September 2022 - 01:10 AM

Hi Angus86,

I don't have the format in front of me but the register is along the lines of: CAR###, Date, Incident, Type of Incident (CCP, GMP etc), Reported By, Root Cause, Action By, Action by Date, Corrective and Preventative Action, Close out Date. Each of these is a column.

The report has similar headings with more focus on space to write the incident, root cause, corrective and preventative action and monitoring, and a sign off at the end. In the report I copy screenshots from reports, photos etc. The register is just a brief summary. 

I hope this helps. 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users