What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF8 - 2.7.1.3 Food Defense Plan, meaning Challenged ?

Started by , May 31 2017 07:45 PM
3 Replies

Looking for an explanation or definition to word "challenged” in the SQF edition 8.0, Is SQFI requiring that we should be testing our security measure to see if they are affective beyond doing a Security Audit?

2.7.1.3 The food defense plan shall be reviewed and challenged at least annually.  

David C

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Exemption from food Fraud SQF8 SQF8, 2.2.3.1 - Request Procedure for Record Keeping SQF8 - Intended Use of Product 2.4.3.6 SQF8, Guidance on Food Fraud, allergen cleaning, EMP
[Ad]

Hi David,

There were no prior requirements to check and review the measures and methods implemented were effective. If you are conducting a documented Security Audit that covers the methods and measures described in the food defense plan and you are also reviewing the results of this audit and the plan (minimum annually) then you are meeting the new requirements.

Kind regards,

Tony

1 Thank

I had to search this clarification since my initial thought was; not another "Mock" or Simulation of an issue that can potentially occur. I am all for discussing issues that we could potentially face and ways to solve those issues. 

I have a hard time coming up with "Mock" instances to test a program . Now they added Mock Recall to 2.6.3.2 Investigation shall be undertaken to determine the root cause... that will take some inventiveness that I am not looking forward to for my simulation in February 2018. My team has little experience with actual recalls occurring, :thumbup:  thank goodness but with out that experience creating a fake root cause to a fake occurrence will take most of the time of our meeting.  :yeahrite:  :blush:  :closedeyes:

Thanks  Tony C. for the clarification  :clap:

Great example is security camera footage. A recent mock event at our facility showed that not enough people knew how to operate the system to investigate issues via camera footage. And further, it rewrites every two weeks, and no one knew how to save footage so that it didn't get overwritten eventually.

Similar Discussion Topics
Exemption from food Fraud SQF8 SQF8, 2.2.3.1 - Request Procedure for Record Keeping SQF8 - Intended Use of Product 2.4.3.6 SQF8, Guidance on Food Fraud, allergen cleaning, EMP